Contribute
Register

evga GT740

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The nVidia 740 and 750 graphics card series are not yet supported in Mavericks. (I, too, am in a "hurry up and wait" mode for 750 Ti support.) See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, Graphics Cards, for the latest nVidia graphic cards supported by Mavericks. The Buyer's Guide is a menu item at the top of this page.

Update: See WonkeyDonkey's post next.

No. The nVidia 740 and 750 graphics card series are not yet supported in Mavericks. (I, too, am in a "hurry up and wait" mode for 750 Ti support.) See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, Graphics Cards, for the latest nVidia graphic cards supported by Mavericks. The Buyer's Guide is a menu item at the top of this page.

Need to look into this. The 750/750Ti are Maxwell and not supported. But the new 740 is GK107 Kepler, so may work ?

yes i think the same too....maybe work and are very good buy

Need to look into this. The 750/750Ti are Maxwell and not supported. But the new 740 is GK107 Kepler, so may work ?
Good catch. It's too new to know, but, if the 740 uses the Kepler technology, then it might work. However, it's still unsupported in Mavericks as a 740, so you might not see it displayed as a 740 in About This Mac and in the System Information.

Update...from info on the 'net, it seems nVidia is playing like AMD/ATI. The 740 is a rebranded 650. So, it should work. Let us know if you get one, and how it works.

Just an FYI to anyone who is interested. I went out and got an EVGA GT 740SC 2GB card and it works no problem with no installation issues. I don't have audio through the mini HDMI yet, but I haven't looked into it at all.

The big issue is that you have to wait to install the card until after you've run Multibeast, or your monitors will all go black after the apple boot logo comes up, it doesn't matter what port/ports you are using, they will all blank out.

My setup is as follows:

i7 4770k overclocked to 4.5Ghz
GA-Z87N-Wifi 2.0 mobo - Removed the worthless BT and Wifi card.
16 GB Corsair Vengance Low Profile RAM
500 GB Corsair SSD (OSX Mavericks Boot)
250 GB Samsung EVO SSD (Windows 7 Boot)
EVGA GT 740 SC GFX Card.
CS550M Modular Power Supply

And as long as you install the OS, then Multibeast and then the GT 740 you are good to go.

Yip I brought a EVGA GT 740 2GB DDR3 Single Slot edition and works fine - GraphicsEnabler=No

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KJGYS4Y/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20 ( as per Tonymac's July 2014 recommendation)

System Profiler as of 10.9.4 / Chimera 3.0.1 recognises it as a "Nvidia Chip Model"

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.21.47 pm.png

Had a quick game of Bioshock infinite so all is working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back