Contribute
Register

evga GT740

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed an eVGA GT 740 SC Dual Slot 4GB GDDR5 successfully and it was extremely easy!

My specs:
i7-2600k
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe LGA 1155
16 GB Crucial DDR3 RAM
Two SSDs
eVGA GT 740 SC

Since I had previously used a GTX 560 Ti, my Clover config.plist had graphics injection ON and set to NVIDIA. I just had to edit my config.plist in my EFI/Clover volume so that graphics injection would be OFF (FALSE), turn my system off, unplug my old graphics card, plug in the new one, and boot!

Simple as that!

Now... how do I get it so that my system report displays the actual model?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.09.59 AM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.09.59 AM (2).png
    342.5 KB · Views: 512
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.10.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.10.00 AM.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 808
I have successfully run evga GT 740 4GB Superclocked on Yosemite. My card is recognized and resolution is great, but my issue is the VRAM. Its not displaying my 4gb on the specs. Anyone have an idea how to fix this or possibly a kext I can install to make it use the available ram on the card.

I'm having the same issue. Any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue. Any suggestions?

You have the current Web drivers installed?

Do you have injectnvida check (Clover) Or GraphicsEnabler=Yes (multibeast)

They need to be unchecked, or set to No.

I just upgraded my card to a GeForce GT740. My old card needed to injectnvida (I'm using clover) The new card doesn't need that. I unchecked it and my system then recognized the the card under About This Mac.

I've attached a before and after image.

Attachments

• Snip20150415_2.png
    Snip20150415_2.png
    621.2 KB · Views: 656
  • Snip20150416_1.png
    Snip20150416_1.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 691
Thank you very much, Bmsatori... and thank you to the hackintosh community.

My card, nvidia GeForce GT 740 OC 2 GB is working perfect on Yosemite (10.10.1) with NVIDIA Web Driver

And I have an old computer :D
2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
6 GB DDR2

thank you very much, bmsatori... And thank you to the hackintosh community.

My card, nvidia geforce gt 740 oc 2 gb is working perfect on yosemite (10.10.1) with nvidia web driver

and i have an old computer :d
2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
6 gb ddr2

Awesome!

You have the current Web drivers installed?

Do you have injectnvida check (Clover) Or GraphicsEnabler=Yes (multibeast)

They need to be unchecked, or set to No.

I just upgraded my card to a GeForce GT740. My old card needed to injectnvida (I'm using clover) The new card doesn't need that. I unchecked it and my system then recognized the the card under About This Mac.

I've attached a before and after image.

Hello!
I have the following issue, my graphics are displayed correctly, but when i try to open any jpg file, preview just quits, tried booting on safe mode, then opened the same file and i went throught no problem, I'm running mavericks 10.9.3 and don't know what to do, any help really appreciate it!

Thank you very much, Bmsatori... and thank you to the hackintosh community.

My card, nvidia GeForce GT 740 OC 2 GB is working perfect on Yosemite (10.10.1) with NVIDIA Web Driver

And I have an old computer :D
2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
6 GB DDR2

Wait...how can this be? If you look at the NVIDIA Web site - at the point of Web drivers download, and then click the tab for "Supported Devices," the GT 740 OC 2GB card (which I have now - the single slot version from Buyer's Guide) is not listed as a supported device.

If I'm reading this thread properly, you basically pop the card in, make sure your org.plist is set for GraphicsEnabler=No, and it should be plug 'n play. Correct?

My Quadro 2000 in Mavericks is mostly good but I am getting less than half of the Cinebench scores in Mac OS X vs Windows 7 installed on the same machine. 28fps vs 48fps in Windows. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be optimized drivers for the 2000. I even tried installing this driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/77751/en-us

but it said my "system" was not supported. I take that to actually mean it did not find a compatible card installed. Makes sense the 2000 isn't on the supported cards list. :) I was able to install the CUDA driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-7.0.36-driver.html

but this did nothing to improve performance.

So I am looking at the GT 740 since it is listed on this site as working out of the box. Why the generic driver description in Mac OS X then? "Nvidia chip model"? That's kinda sad, but if it really works in Mavericks to full capacity, I am fine with that.

Can people post their CINEBENCH scores here?

Thanks!

I picked up the GT 740 SC 2GB. I had already planned a reinstall of Mavericks due to a damaged file system, so the new card was installed during the OS reload. I got through the installer process just fine and at no point did I need to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot. I avoided Multibeast this time and wanted to do the rest manually. I continued to boot using the Unibeast until all my kexts were installed and working.

I then tried the nVidia Wed Driver install for Mavericks. It let me install it this time so that was a good sign, but I could not force it to use the nVidia driver. It kept defaulting back to OS X only.

One of the last things I did was to install the Chameleon bootloader. I also needed to do the boot0 fix for my SSD. When the system booted from the hard drive, I applied the rest of my Chameleon settings with the Wizard.

I also noticed the nVidia software was prompting me for an update...even though I already had the latest. I went along with it and when I rebooted, I was able to select the nVidia driver! I figured out that Chameleon enabled nvda_drv=1 automatically for me and this is what allowed the driver to work. This also gave me a full product description in the System Report. No longer shows "Nvidia chip model".

So maybe this all means I finally have an OS X optimized graphics driver! Not so fast....Cinebench scores are still low compared to the Windows side (33fps vs 52fps on Windows).

Is there still some tweaking required on the Mac side or are the Windows drivers just superior to their Mac counterparts? I have wondered how real Mac Pro users running bootcamp deal with this. They must be furious....or the "Mac versions" of their graphics cards do have better Mac drivers.

Ok, I've been struggling with this card for a long time now. I bought the EVGA GT 740 2GB card (02G-P4-2740-KR), and was able to install EL Capitan on my gigabyte system (GA-Z97N-wifi - the recommended mini mobo) using the integrated graphics.

I have the card installed right now, but the machine is running on the IGP because no matter what I do, I can't get any display on the nvidia card. It's recognized in system info (pic attached), but if I reboot and switch the HDMI cable over to the nvidia card, nothing comes up.... "no signal" on the monitor. I have the web driver installed, and it appears to see the card ok (2nd pic attached). I have tried to tick the "nvda_drv=1" checkbox in Clover Configurator to no avail. When I do that, I still get nothing on the card, but the IGP is still running and OS X thinks it's a projector (I guess that's what it does when it's forced to run on the web driver).

I bought this card thinking it would be a relatively easy plug-n-play (which some of you are seeing), but it's turned into a big hassle.

Would love some direction on this one.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 12.13.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 12.13.45 PM.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 12.19.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 12.19.03 PM.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 196
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back