Contribute
Register

EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti -> Black Screen on Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird how it wasn't in the config.plist, but it showed up in boot arguments when inside the Clover menu's on boot. I ticked it off in the config configurator, but it still goes monitor off midway through boot.

I followed this guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html ) when I put together the OS install, following the second post to fill in the SMBIOS with values from the imessage_debug app.

Should I be using something else to build out my SMBIOS values?

Weird how it wasn't in the config.plist, but it showed up in boot arguments when inside the Clover menu's on boot. I ticked it off in the config configurator, but it still goes monitor off midway through boot.

I followed this guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html ) when I put together the OS install, following the second post to fill in the SMBIOS with values from the imessage_debug app.

Should I be using something else to build out my SMBIOS values?

Use Clover configurator.

Right now you have the board id of an iMac the system Id of a MacPro3,1. You are using a valid and registered with Apple Care serial number for a MacPro3,1. Unless that is your serial number from a machine you own, you should change it. Here is an example of a complete MacPro3,1 SMBIOS for Clover.

Code:
<key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
        <string>02/29/08</string>
        <key>BiosVendor</key>
        <string>Apple Inc.</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
        <key>Board-ID</key>
        <string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
        <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
        <key>BoardType</key>
        <integer>11</integer>
        <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
        <string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
        <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
        <key>ChassisType</key>
        <string>06</string>
        <key>Family</key>
        <string>Mac Pro</string>
        <key>Manufacturer</key>
        <key>Mobile</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>MacPro3,1</string>
        <key>SerialNumber</key>
        <string>CK9145B0XYL</string>
        <key>Trust</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Version</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>

Personally I use an SMBIOS for an iMac14,2. It better fits a Haswell system and works perfectly.

Use Clover configurator.

Right now you have the board id of an iMac the system Id of a MacPro3,1. You are using a valid and registered with Apple Care serial number for a MacPro3,1. Unless that is your serial number from a machine you own, you should change it. Here is an example of a complete MacPro3,1 SMBIOS for Clover.

Personally I use an SMBIOS for an iMac14,2. It better fits a Haswell system and works perfectly.

Appreciate the help. I'll give it a run through with a MacPro3,1 SMBIOS, and try the iMac14,2 too and report back.

If you are using mac pro 3,1 it is ok, but for imac, it is not. I prefer using clover and newest imac smbios settings due to full compatibility imessage etc. So for newer system specs, nor vga nor hdmi are not 100% supported. It depends also that your custom pcb vendor uses which connection layout. Sometimes you have no issues with hdmi, sometimes it will cause complete system freezes. Sometimes it's ok with 1 monitor, but with 2, it will kill the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back