i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1060, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

Grabbed a 980 Ti the other day and it's a beauty in Windows. I'm not able to get it to load into Yosemite (10.10.3) without using nv_disable=1 flag.

The system will begin to load, and then the monitor will shut off.

I've gone through the 'Solving NVIDIA driver install problems' thread with no success. The latest web drivers & CUDA drivers install fine when booted up with nv_disable=1, and say they're up to date in the Preference pane. I've tried editing AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext (even though my system ID is iMac14,2) with no difference

Default boot flags in Clover are 'dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1'. Trying PCIRootUID=0/1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No don't work either.

At a loss! Any tips?

I'm sure your problem is with the connection you are using. Try display port or DVI, (I recommend display port, that's what I'm using with my 970 sli) hdmi won't work on hackintoshes, VGA plugs neither.

I'm sure your problem is with the connection you are using. Try display port or DVI, (I recommend display port, that's what I'm using with my 970 sli) hdmi won't work on hackintoshes, VGA plugs neither.

HDMI works fine on my GTX 970. Both video and audio.

HDMI and VGA both work fine on hackintoshes. I have a gtx 670 using HDMI and a gt 610 using VGA.

HDMI and VGA both work fine on hackintoshes. I have a gtx 670 using HDMI and a gt 610 using VGA.

VGA however has been unsupported by OS X for quite a while now so it doesn't always work. Never tried it on my Hack with the GT 610, I use HDMI there.

Sorry for not clarifying my connection -> I've been using DVI.

I was able to get it booting by fiddling with boot options within clover on boot. Changing the system ID to MacPro3,1 with the nvidia flag let me boot.

I changed the ID to MacPro3,1 in the clover configurator, but it wouldn't boot. It only seems to boot when I manually do the change in Clover's options upon boot. It's weird. I have to dig a little bit more into the settings to see what's up. It's a bit annoying to have to manually go in and set things for every boot.

Sorry for not clarifying my connection -> I've been using DVI.

I was able to get it booting by fiddling with boot options within clover on boot. Changing the system ID to MacPro3,1 with the nvidia flag let me boot.

I changed the ID to MacPro3,1 in the clover configurator, but it wouldn't boot. It only seems to boot when I manually do the change in Clover's options upon boot. It's weird. I have to dig a little bit more into the settings to see what's up. It's a bit annoying to have to manually go in and set things for every boot.

Please post your config file.

config attached!

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.3 KB · Views: 448
config attached!

Your SMBIOS section is a mess. You might have generated one with Clover Configurator but you didn't save it to that file because it is missing a bunch of things the configurator would put it and there is a bunch of mis-matched stuff.

You are also missing the boot argument: nvda_drv=1

That is a required flag to use a Maxwell based GPU because yo have to use the Nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back