Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all people,

I buy a EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970,

1) I install the WebDriver-346.03.05f01.pkg.
2) Change the graphics driver to Nvidia.
3) Put the GTX 970 and connect 2 pcie 6 pin to card graphics front mother board.
4) turn on Mac.

The problem, is the fan run at the moment power fan off, I thinks therar is not enough power.

I have:

OS X The Capitan 10.11.3 (15D21)
Mac Pro (Early 2008)
2 x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
20 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970

Please any people help my to solve this.

Thanks.

There are several models of the EVGA GTX 970. Which one do you have? How much power does the card require to run (need to know Watts).

IIRC, the GTX 970 series requires 8 pin connectors at the card. The card won't run properly if it needs 8 pin connection(s) with only using 6 pin to 6 pin cables.

Since the MP3,1 only has two 6 pin connectors on the motherboard, you'll need to get 6 pin to 8 pin connector cable. However, each of these motherboard connectors can only draw a maximum of 75 Watts each. So, know your card's power draw as you'll only get a maximum of 150 Watts from the two 6 pin connectors.

There is more information in the nVidia sticky thread at the Mac Pro forum section at MacRumors: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...out-nvidia-pc-non-efi-graphics-cards.1440150/. Search the thread for 6 to 8 pin connectors.

Edit: Here's the post I was thinking of > http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mac-pro-5-1-gtx-970-gpu-questions.1946231/#post-22394407

Mac Pro 6-8pin cable: http://www.amazon.com/JacobsParts-Express-6-pin-8-pin-Video/dp/B00OSLGQGE/

Hi, thanks for you answer, my model is. EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SC 4GB GDDR5 superclocker acx 2.0, and it have 6 pin + 6 pin.the fan are start by turning on and then off until stop, I tried to removed any modules of ram, I left 4 GB case but nothing, I'm desesperate.

Thanks

I just need very targets that my 170 w and has two 6-pin 150 w giving me, I can do?

Thanks

You have to have the web drivers installed and be using them for the any 900 series card to work. The fans not spinning is normal for 9xx cards. Most are semi-passive cooled.

Thanks for you information about the semi-passive cooled fans. The web driver are the last Nvidia front page web, and yes activated the webdriver.again proves

Thanks for your coments

Hi guy!!!

The EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970 FOUND , I´m very happy :):):)

As fans do not rotate, and turned off before the time required nor expected. jijij

Thank you very much for your help, you are the best. :thumbup:

Hi @tommy222 can you tell how you fixit and resolve? Thnx!

WHY you not buy any EVGA GTX 680 and them FLASH bios to recognise like original MAC edition.
after that no need enything no driver no patch.. and trust me on this MAC PRO 3.1 ( I have same ) you not see any different between 970 and 680;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back