1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good Afternoon,

I have recently built a Hackintosh consisting of the following components:

Intel Core i7-860
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
EVGA 9800GT 1GB

I have installed Snow leopard using the Nvidia iBoot Disk. I then updated it to 10.6.4. I was able to get all my hardware working using multibeast, However when using more graphic intensive programs I have run into immediate graphics issues. I was able to install maya 2011 however once i open it and start to use it the graphics tweak and it results in a screen with a tweaking black box flashing on and off across the bottom half of the screen and although I am still able to move my mouse the OS is frozen.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips to get this running properly it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

UPDATE: My system has now started to freeze up and crash while doing simple tasks such as browsing the web using safari.

UPDATE: My system has now started to freeze up and crash while doing simple tasks such as browsing the web using safari.

This is definitely fixable. Look at my thread here and tell me what happens:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=204215

This is a problem with HDCP and the EVGA 9800 GT. The AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext looks and sees that there is a problem(when there really isn't) and screws up your graphics. All you have to do is delete the kext or install the disabler.kext from that thread.

Evildemon989 said:
This is definitely fixable. Look at my thread here and tell me what happens:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=204215

This is a problem with HDCP and the EVGA 9800 GT. The AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext looks and sees that there is a problem(when there really isn't) and screws up your graphics. All you have to do is delete the kext or install the disabler.kext from that thread.

Thanks, I just installed the Disabler.kext using Kext helper B7 (http://cheetha.net/) and although it has stopped the video card tweaks my computer still freezes up. Right before it freezes I get a quick black flicker on the screen and then it locks up although I am still able to move my curser around after it locks.

hackintoshhelp said:
Thanks, I just installed the Disabler.kext using Kext helper B7 (http://cheetha.net/) and although it has stopped the video card tweaks my computer still freezes up. Right before it freezes I get a quick black flicker on the screen and then it locks up although I am still able to move my curser around after it locks.
Hm... I don't really know what is wrong here then. I've never heard of the card locking up the computer. If you can, try to reinstall and see if the problem persists.

So, I just did a complete reinstall start to finish including the disabler file and my problems are still persisting. I am starting to wonder if there might be a problem with finder. Could this be possible?

hackintoshhelp said:
So, I just did a complete reinstall start to finish including the disabler file and my problems are still persisting. I am starting to wonder if there might be a problem with finder. Could this be possible?
Their wouldn't be a problem most likely if you reinstalled. The only way their could be a problem is if the hardware was indicating to finder something that is causing it to freeze up. Most likely, this is a hardware problem. If you have one, try another card, and see if there are lockups away you take out the 9800 GT. After this, I don't know much, sorry. :/

I have tried several different video cards now and sadly they have all produced the same result.

hackintoshhelp said:
I have tried several different video cards now and sadly they have all produced the same result.
Hm... if they all have been producing the same result, then it isn't OS X, or the video cards, it is probably your motherboard, or another component. Do you also have your hackintosh running another OS? If so, does it freeze in that other OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back