Graphics
EVGA GTX 750TI 2GB FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just installed my new EVGA GTX 750TI 2GB FTW and it freezes at the same spot every time (while loading the installer). I tried resetting BIOSand reconfiguring it as stated in tony's guide but nothing. It freezes before the progress bar even reaches the apple logo.

I attempted "GraphicsEnabler=No" but still the same problem. I haven't altered anything on my system besides changing video cards, and the video card works fine; tested it by runningLinux on the hard drive.

Note: I only have 1 SATA Drive connected, the Samsung 850 PRO. Another SATA cable is connected but not to the HD, Will that matter?

Boot in verbose mode (-v) amd post a screenshot of the point where it stops.

Also are you using a digital connection from the GPU to your monitor, VGA not supported.

Thank you guys, I got it to install and got the drivers loaded; 3D Acceleration is working out of the box and so are my 3 screens.

Now working on Audio -- I Attempted to install audio kext since I have GA-P55M-UD2 v1.00 (ALC888C Audio), but things didn't work and now my keyboard/mouse wont respond and video is back to how it was before isntalling nvidia drivers.

When I installed with UltiBeast i selected fakesmc, the alc888 original kext for audio and the HDA Audio 1 Optional kext.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thank you guys, I got it to install and got the drivers loaded; 3D Acceleration is working out of the box and so are my 3 screens.

Now working on Audio -- I Attempted to install audio kext since I have GA-P55M-UD2 v1.00 (ALC888C Audio), but things didn't work and now my keyboard/mouse wont respond and video is back to how it was before isntalling nvidia drivers.

When I installed with UltiBeast i selected fakesmc, the alc888 original kext for audio and the HDA Audio 1 Optional kext.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
You're not using MultiBeast correctly. Download the DSDT for the P55M-UD2 from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database and put it on the Desktop with the name DSDT.aml. Now run MultiBeast for Yosemite and select:
Quick Start > UserDSDT
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL81xx​
Note that UserDSDT will ask for the location of DSDT.aml file and put it in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file which MultiBeast creates. It also loads a set of default kexts/drivers, including FakeSMC, per the explanation on page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document, which comes with MultiBeast.

I have an old P55M-UD2 build description that hasn't been updated for the latest OS Xs but will give you a good reference for your efforts.

Good luck! I'm still using my P55M system, but as a HTPC. I have a P55M-UD4 system which I'm also still using. Great systems! :thumbup:

You're not using MultiBeast correctly. Download the DSDT for the P55M-UD2 from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database and put it on the Desktop with the name DSDT.aml. Now run MultiBeast for Yosemite and select:
Quick Start > UserDSDT
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL81xx​
Note that UserDSDT will ask for the location of DSDT.aml file and put it in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file which MultiBeast creates. It also loads a set of default kexts/drivers, including FakeSMC, per the explanation on page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document, which comes with MultiBeast.

I have an old P55M-UD2 build description that hasn't been updated for the latest OS Xs but will give you a good reference for your efforts.

Good luck! I'm still using my P55M system, but as a HTPC. I have a P55M-UD4 system which I'm also still using. Great systems! :thumbup:

Stork, you rock... Thank you.

Its working beautifully now after loading the DSDT as you stated and the network/audio kexts. Really appreciate that response!

Quick question (just incase you know) is there any way to clone the drive? Do you know of any good tools that will allow me to clone the drive exactly as it is now after a fresh install incase i need to restore it later somehow?

Have a good one, thanks again.

Quick question (just incase you know) is there any way to clone the drive? Do you know of any good tools that will allow me to clone the drive exactly as it is now after a fresh install incase i need to restore it later somehow?...
OK. This is Off Topic, but a good question. I recommend SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) for copying the installation. However, neither (IIRC) copy the invisible boot partition, which I've found not to be a big deal - just boot the UniBeast USB thumb drive to the restored backup and use MultiBeast to load only Chimera.

The is one standalone, bootable CD for cloning exactly the whole or parts of drives. It's name is Clonezilla, but it's not for the newbie as it is a *nix non graphical interface and talks in a computer disk language.

Now, lets get back on topic of the EVGA 750Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back