CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have everything working in 32-bit except wake from sleep with bluetooth and power button.

When I switch to 64-bit through multibeast my audio and network are gone. The rest of the system runs great no errors. I try and reinstall the audio from multibeast and reboot with no success. Same goes for the network. I than switch back to 32bit and everything is working fine. I also tried removing the audio and network kext, run system utilities, reboot, and than switch to 64-bit, than reboot and install my audio and network. Still no go. I'm wondering if I'm leaving anything on the table with sticking with 32-bit or is it worth pursuing.

Audio see screenshot.
Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 11.14.23 PM.png

Network I'm using the attached kext that I got from kext.com. It also installs the kext into a plugin folder in the appleyukon2 is that normal?

my extensions from profiler

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 11.14.23 PM.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Yukon88E8056.pkg.zip
    256.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 11.22.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 11.22.07 PM.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 127
bones123 said:
I have everything working in 32-bit except wake from sleep with bluetooth and power button.

When I switch to 64-bit through multibeast my audio and network are gone. The rest of the system runs great no errors. I try and reinstall the audio from multibeast and reboot with no success. Same goes for the network. I than switch back to 32bit and everything is working fine. I also tried removing the audio and network kext, run system utilities, reboot, and than switch to 64-bit, than reboot and install my audio and network. Still no go. I'm wondering if I'm leaving anything on the table with sticking with 32-bit or is it worth pursuing.

Audio see screenshot.

Network I'm using the attached kext that I got from kext.com. It also installs the kext into a plugin folder in the appleyukon2 is that normal?

my extensions from profiler
Do you use any software that is optimized for 64 bit mode? Do you have more than 4 Gb of ram installed? Any 64 bit software will run in 32 bit mode and will use up to 4Gb of ram.
If you don't have software that uses all the ram it can get and runs better/faster in 64 bit mode, utilizing more than 4Gb of ram, then there is really no advantage to running 64 bit mode other than bragging rights.

Thanks for the reply.. I don't think I'm missing anything in 32-bit. I'm going to leave it alone and just enjoy it. I'm starting to plan an i7 system so I'll have something to tinker with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back