Contribute
Register

Everything works on Intel NUC broadwell, except...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

My Intel NUC (NUC5i5RYH) now works for the most part. I used the latest version of clover and the EFI config provided by menhim http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/159093-intel-nuc-2-0-broadwell-6.html).

HD6000 now works, and the USB mouse/keyboard works perfectly, as well as the built-in bluetooth. In fact, it's a very nice and quick system. Except... I'm still having a little problem with the Intel HD6000. It works okay most of the time, but on a few occasions it just goes berserk.

I'd like to set the system id to Macbook Air 7,2 which is the id of the only system that currently uses Intel Broadwell CPU, but the clover configurator doesn't have this definition. Anyone know how to create this definition?

Also, the NUC (from what I read) uses Realtek ALC283 for audio. I installed the appropriate kext using Multibeast but it doesn't work. I'd love to get the audio to work.

And if anyone knows how to get the wifi (Intel 7265) to work, this NUC could very well become the best hackintosh!

Any help/pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

S

I'd like to set the system id to Macbook Air 7,2 which is the id of the only system that currently uses Intel Broadwell CPU, but the clover configurator doesn't have this definition. Anyone know how to create this definition?

Inject the required details through config.plist.

Read here : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS#ProductName

Also, the NUC (from what I read) uses Realtek ALC283 for audio. I installed the appropriate kext using Multibeast but it doesn't work. I'd love to get the audio to work.

For Enabling Audio : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

For Troubleshooting,

1. http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

2. http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143750-no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

And if anyone knows how to get the wifi (Intel 7265) to work, this NUC could very well become the best hackintosh!

Intel WiFis are not supported on OS X. Replace it with a compatible one is the solution.

I've tried running Toleda's HDA patch script from the link you provided, but it says I need a native version of the AppleHDA.kext. Unfortunately, right after the Yosemite install, I ran Multibeast to try to install the Realtek ALC283 driver. So I no longer have the virgin kext. Know where I could get a fresh copy without doing another install?

As for the SMBIOS definition, I guess I have to read through all that. But can I just use the clover configurator and use the latest MBA definition they have and just modify a couple of things, like the serial and/or board number, etc.?

And for the wifi, I guess I have to use a dongle. Can you recommend one that is AC capable and OS X compatible?

Thanks!

S

I've tried running Toleda's HDA patch script from the link you provided, but it says I need a native version of the AppleHDA.kext. Unfortunately, right after the Yosemite install, I ran Multibeast to try to install the Realtek ALC283 driver. So I no longer have the virgin kext. Know where I could get a fresh copy without doing another install?

The guide have multiple methods. Even you can enable the audio with the kext included in the multibeast.

Check the steps clearly and follow it. Trouble shooting guides also linked above.

As for the SMBIOS definition, I guess I have to read through all that. But can I just use the clover configurator and use the latest MBA definition they have and just modify a couple of things, like the serial and/or board number, etc.?

Yes.

And for the wifi, I guess I have to use a dongle. Can you recommend one that is AC capable and OS X compatible?

OS X supported WiFi chipsets are listed here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html (As you have NUC, check the compatibility and choose the right one)

The guide have multiple methods. Even you can enable the audio with the kext included in the multibeast.

Check the steps clearly and follow it. Trouble shooting guides also linked above.

Hey, do you ever sleep? :)

I can't get the Realtek 283 to work on this thing. Ultimately, I'd like to get it to work for both the headphone jack in the front and through the HDMI and DP and route the sound to my Asus PB278Q monitor's speaker.

I tried everything. including:

1) Install the 283 driver using Multibeast 7.3. Result: no audio device in System Pref -> Sound -> Output

2) Tried following toleda's guide and ran the audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4d.command script, which went through its paces, but still no audio device (script output attached).

3) Downloaded a modified AppleHDA.kext off InsanelyMac site (also attached), which worked, but the sound quality was terrible. Also, after fiddling around some more, I can't get the kext to work again.

Here's a screenshot of my DPCIManager:

View attachment 139948

View attachment 139949View attachment 139950

I even got a hold of a fresh, virgin copy of AppleHDA.kext from a recent Yosemite install to use as a base point and run toleda's recommended script. But nothing.

Can you help and recommend any pointers? Thanks.

S

Hey, do you ever sleep? :)

I can't get the Realtek 283 to work on this thing. Ultimately, I'd like to get it to work for both the headphone jack in the front and through the HDMI and DP and route the sound to my Asus PB278Q monitor's speaker.

I tried everything. including:

1) Install the 283 driver using Multibeast 7.3. Result: no audio device in System Pref -> Sound -> Output

2) Tried following toleda's guide and ran the audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4d.command script, which went through its paces, but still no audio device (script output attached).

3) Downloaded a modified AppleHDA.kext off InsanelyMac site (also attached), which worked, but the sound quality was terrible. Also, after fiddling around some more, I can't get the kext to work again.

Here's a screenshot of my DPCIManager:

View attachment 139948

View attachment 139949View attachment 139950

I even got a hold of a fresh, virgin copy of AppleHDA.kext from a recent Yosemite install to use as a base point and run toleda's recommended script. But nothing.

Can you help and recommend any pointers? Thanks.

S

After installing kext/patching the kext if the audio is not working then use the appropriate troubleshooting guide (Linked on post#2) or ask your doubts on that threads, so that the developer can answer your queries/help to resolve the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back