Contribute
Register

Every time I turn on my computer it creat a new desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA H97 D3H
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
GTX780Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
what should i do to fix it?

can anyone help me please

I have the same issue. Initially I thought my wallpaper was resetting every time I reboot, but it turned out Yosemite just creates a new desktop with default wallpaper every time I boot and puts it to Desktop 1. Any ideas?

i have noticed similar/same behavior. i have a dual-monitor setup, and not only does it appear to add a new desktop space(s) upon each boot, but it bunches all of them to my main left monitor, leaving only the minimum one window space for the right monitor. in mavericks and previous iterations, the desktop spaces i had on the left monitor would stay left and the desktop spaces i had on the right monitor would stay right. after tinkering with some other settings through a few restarts, i now have 14 desktops open, 13 of which are on the right monitor. i tend to like running with 6 desktops, 3 left and 3 right, safari on "desktop 1" and mail on "desktop 4". this is rattling my workflow to the core! help!

Attachments

• crazy_yosemite_spaces.jpg
    crazy_yosemite_spaces.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 179
The only way to fix it I found so far is to disable Separate Spaces for each display(You get multi-monitor configuration as it used to be back in the Mountain Lion days).
You can do it by going to System Preferences - Mission Control - Display have separate Spaces(uncheck it).

If you find any other fix, plz let me know.

is that the setting where when you swipe desktops, both screens move in unison? i hate that. how come more people aren't complaining about this? is it hackintosh-specific? it would seem to be something that would effect legit hardware users too. ain't there some legit cylindrical mac pro power users out there who are OUTRAGED?! when i searched a couple of days ago, i found virtually NO TALK about it, besides this thread. do people not multi-screen anymore?

actually, now that i think about it, this behavior doesn't occur on my legit macbook pro, so i guess it is a hackintosh-specific problem. poop!

I just realized this is also happening to me. Anyone knows how to fix this yet?

Same here. I just created a new build with two monitors. Every time I restart it's as if it moved all the old desktops to the primary monitor. Then created a new desktop for each of the monitors with new default wallpapers. Any way to fix it?

Also, I am having some issues of booting into blank screen if I don't specify the PCIRootUID=1 or npci=0x2000 at boot. But, not this happens only intermittently. Just saying, in case these two problems are related.

Thanks!

I have the same problem as well. It's been happening to me since I first installed Yosemite. It's really annoying to have to change my wallpapers back every boot. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this.

this is still an issue for me. i found this thread on the apple support forums, so maybe it's not so much a hackintosh issue as it is a yosemite issue. still though, i'm surprised more people aren't talking about this. do very few people use multiple displays and in this fashion?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6605806

by the way, i tried his "automatic login" work around, and it did not change the problem behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back