Contribute
Register

Even less chance of making Radeon card work than Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer

So nobody has their ProBook's dedicated Radeon working with Mountain Lion?
Kinda defeats purpose having the dedicated graphics

Well as most people will know we've been trying to get the Radeon card to work for quite a while and when seemingly I got a step closer in Lion here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/32276-radeon-6470m-6490m-project-21.html#post347609
Sadly for some reason GraphicsEnabler=Yes & UseAtiROM=Yes result in machine not booting whatsoever.

I take it there is no card that does work that we could swap the 6490m with. Sounds to me like its more of an issue with not being able to select the the discrete card and kill the HD3000 than the card being compatible with os x. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well the issue's as far as we know were that apple use a mux system for the graphics and we use a muxless system but we're also stumbled by the problem of only choosing "switchable graphics" instead of the option of integrated or descrete graphics.
If we could edit the bios to allow us to chose descrete only we'd have more chance of this working.

Maybe but it's hard written into the Kernel so would take a dev to do it.

You may find on this site that unlocks bios' is that there is lots of mention of "slice" which means there is more focus on them making the laptop able to run on alternative os's as opposed to unlocking the options such as "switchable graphics".

I did post on Chimera Bug Reports to try and find out if the "UseAtiROM" command is currently not compatible with ML as it seems not to be working correctly but instead of getting a reply from MacMan I got an Inbox from ModBot informing me that my post had been moved to 10.8 Laptop Support.
I'm getting pretty fed up of that happening!!!! TONYMAC PLEASE TAKE NOTE!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/64116-error-useatirom-mountain-lion.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back