Etron USB 3.0, disks eject themselves, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H rev. 1.0
CPU
Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (not Ti)
The USB 3.0 driver in MultiBeast 4.5.2 don't work properly for me. My USB 3.0 disks mount and can do some work. But writing sustained at full speed reliably to one causes it to eject itself after transfering not very many GB.

The two USB 3.0 drives I have are 2TB LaCie Minimus. Otherwise the system is as shown in .sig.

Reading here and elsewhere I have the impression that nobody has a solution to this problem. Is that correct?

What are my options?

EDIT: I have F12 BIOS and DSDT from the database.

thefsb said:
The USB 3.0 driver in MultiBeast 4.5.2 don't work properly for me. My USB 3.0 disks mount and can do some work. But writing sustained at full speed reliably to one causes it to eject itself after transfering not very many GB.

The two USB 3.0 drives I have are 2TB LaCie Minimus. Otherwise the system is as shown in .sig.

Reading here and elsewhere I have the impression that nobody has a solution to this problem. Is that correct?

What are my options?

That is correct, I spent ages thinking I was doing something wrong before realising that although the drivers are available in Multibeast they are very unstable and yes disk do eject themselves for no reason.

I had bought a 2TB USB 3.0 drive to use as a backup for my Hac but have now given up on USB 3.0 and ripped open the External drive to get the HDD which I now use internally in the system.

As it looks as if the new Mac Pro's have USB 3.0 I will revisit USB 3.0 when it is supported natively by Apple and there is a working Hackintosh solution.

the_gael said:
thefsb said:

What are my options?

That is correct, I spent ages thinking I was doing something wrong before realising that although the drivers are available in Multibeast they are very unstable and yes disk do eject themselves for no reason.

I had bought a 2TB USB 3.0 drive to use as a backup for my Hac but have now given up on USB 3.0 and ripped open the External drive to get the HDD which I now use internally in the system.

As it looks as if the new Mac Pro's have USB 3.0 I will revisit USB 3.0 when it is supported natively by Apple and there is a working Hackintosh solution.

This sounds like my experience with HD3000. The claim was that it worked fine—it was even a recommended build—but, like so many others, I couldn't get rid of the artefacts and occasional freezes. Big waste of time.

I have attached my disks to USB2 ports and will wait to see what happens in OSX with USB3. You'd think that if there were USB3 on the new Mac Pros then folks would have discovered it in the 10.8 previews already.

there will be USB3.0 in the new Macbooks and MacPros however they will be using the Intel USB3 chipset and not whatever garbage was put in the Z68 and other boards before Ivybridge.

SG- said:
there will be USB3.0 in the new Macbooks and MacPros however they will be using the Intel USB3 chipset and not whatever garbage was put in the Z68 and other boards before Ivybridge.
Interesting. Is there a PCIe card using the same chip?

I have a similar issue with my system.... if anyone ever gets succes do post it here,lol.
In the meantime ill use USB 2.0 port.

I too have a 2TB external drive.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back