Contribute
Register

Ethernet works/displayed in System Report but as 'disconnected' in System Prefs /Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

I am told that I need my Ethernet to display as connected, rather than 'Not connected', in order to be able to download updates to ilife/iWork apps. Is there a patch that I can add to Clover to resolve this? Ethernet is:-

Type: ethernet
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x153a
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x17aa
Subsystem ID: 0x30a5
Revision ID: 0x0004
BSD name: en0
Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Version: 3.1.0

Edit - I used clover configurator and added the LAN fix, deleted Ethernet from Network, re-added it, having first deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist from Library /Preferences /System Configuration, rebooted. Still no joy but on deleting and reading it again, it now works but I still get - "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." - at the app store.

Last edited:
Computer is a Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 with XEON E3-1225-V3 CPU with HD P4600 graphics. Ethernet is EN0. I have tried sambios iMac14,2, which is the default, iMac14,1, which seemed a close-ish match and MacBookPro11,2. I have tried sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist . I have tried changing serial numbers. No joy, so far. Any suggestions welcome. :)

I used EFI Studio to generate a string for my ethernet and used Clover Configurator (the Devices tab) to insert it into my config.plist. Unfortunately the formatting of my config.plist was then wrong, or at least Intel P4600 was no longer giving me CI/QE, so I removed the EFI string entry. Interestingly, though, in the NetworkInterfaces.plist, <key>IOBuiltin</key> now read <true/> rather than <false/>. That remained the case, even when I deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and allowed Yosemite to regenerate it on the subsequent boot up. I should mention that I had added smUUID to my SMBIOS entry, which I was told was needed, also, to successfully use the app store. So far, so good, I was able to login to the app store and download updates to my purchased Apple apps.

I used EFI Studio to generate a string for my ethernet and used Clover Configurator (the Devices tab) to insert it into my config.plist. Unfortunately the formatting of my config.plist was then wrong, or at least Intel P4600 was no longer giving me CI/QE, so I removed the EFI string entry. Interestingly, though, in the NetworkInterfaces.plist, <key>IOBuiltin</key> now read <true/> rather than <false/>. That remained the case, even when I deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and allowed Yosemite to regenerate it on the subsequent boot up. I should mention that I had added smUUID to my SMBIOS entry, which I was told was needed, also, to successfully use the app store. So far, so good, I was able to login to the app store and download updates to my purchased Apple apps.
In clover do you have the equivalent of

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>yes</string

that is used in org.chameleon.boot.plist?

Think it should be in the Devices section somewhere, but not sure. Haven't really worked with Clover that much.

I also, got Lenovo TS 140 with i3 CPU.
I managed to installed Yosemite using latest version of Clover.

The network didn't work on the first boot. However, the second boot the network card worked OK.
Using the integrated graphics working OK

I haven't been able to get the sound to work.
If you have any suggestions for sound please let me know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back