Graphics
GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I built my hackintosh, everything is fine. I bought the TP LINK WDN4800 for Wi-Fi, and it's working perfectly. But when I try to add ethernet in my system preferences, there is no option. I haven't deleted the preference, and, according to this website, my onboard LAN is supported. My motherboard is the Gigabyte Z97X-SLI, with the Intel i217V LAN. I tried adding the AppleIGB.kext to my Clover install, but it still doesn't work. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 6.41.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 6.41.26 PM.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 119
So I tried that, but it wouldn't boot. So I blocked the kext on boot, and booted in. Then, instead of putting it in the EFI, I put it in /System/Library/Extensions. I would boot up, but there would still be no way to set up an ethernet. The lights on my motherboard light up, but they stay solid. See the picture.Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 4.09.11 PM.jpg
So it looks like my motherboard recognizes the cable plugged in, its just System Preferences won't let me create the ethernet interface. I don't know if its my hardware or my install. I went full Clover, but I didn't move my ethernet kext to my flash drive while installing. Could this be the problem?

Okay so I did that, and it still doesn't work. I tried installing through KextUtility, rebooted, but no effect. I did boot through a Unibeast drive, and ethernet works!!. But when I try booting from Clover, it hangs on something relating to AppleIntelE1000e.kext. What is going on?!?! Ethernet only works when I boot from my Unibeast drive.

Okay so I did that, and it still doesn't work. I tried installing through KextUtility, rebooted, but no effect. I did boot through a Unibeast drive, and ethernet works!!. But when I try booting from Clover, it hangs on something relating to AppleIntelE1000e.kext. What is going on?!?! Ethernet only works when I boot from my Unibeast drive.

Did you remove the kext that you installed wrongly before you installed with KextBeast ?

Have you tried booting with -f ?

If your ethernet works correctly when you boot with Unibeast, look in System Information and check which kext it is using and then install that kext with KextBeast.

If you get an error post a picture of it.

I did what you recommended. I deleted and then reinstalled the AppleIntelE1000e kext. That was the one ethernet said it was using. I tried booting without -f, but it didn't work. After booting with -f and -v, it booted up. But ethernet still wouldn't show up in System Preferences. When I try to add a new interface, ethernet is not an option. It only works if I boot off my Unibeast drive. The kext is only in /System/Library/Extensions, it is not in the EFI.

I did what you recommended. I deleted and then reinstalled the AppleIntelE1000e kext. That was the one ethernet said it was using. I tried booting without -f, but it didn't work. After booting with -f and -v, it booted up. But ethernet still wouldn't show up in System Preferences. When I try to add a new interface, ethernet is not an option. It only works if I boot off my Unibeast drive. The kext is only in /System/Library/Extensions, it is not in the EFI.

Have you booted Clover without caches ?

These two lines from the AppleIntel kext are normal. My mac tells them to me as well. Unibeast also uses this kext. You might wanna try and copy their file from the Unibeast Drive/Extra/Extensions folder to your Clover kext folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back