Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI z370 PC PRO
CPU
I5 8400
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all, I recently upgraded my pc to Windows 11, for which I had to enable TPM 2.0

After a few restarts it all worked and I switched back to my hackintosh to discover that the Ethernet showed as "Unplugged cable" and I had no internet. It works fine on my Windows SSD, but not on the hackintosh. I'm running Catalina 10.15.7.

What I've tried so far (suggestions I found online for similar problems):
Updated my IntelMausiEthernet.kext (on Clover EFI)
Replaced the previous kext with IntelMausi.kext and IntelSnowMausi.kext (on Clover EFI)
Updated RealtekRTL8111.kext (on Clover EFI)
Added ALL of the mentioned kexts to Clover EFI and also AtherosE2200
Deleted all entries on System preferences -> Network, deleter NetworkPreferences.plist, unplugged ethernet, shut down, unplugged PSU to discharge, rebooted with ethernet cable back on

All of my attempts failed. This are my Clover/EFI/Kext/Other:
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
IntelMausi.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

My computer build is as follows:
Motherboard: MSI z370 PC PRO
CPU: I5 8400
Graphics: RX 580

Any ideas? Maybe I have to do something else on my BIOS?

My OS is in spanish but I will gladly translate if needed.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-06-30 a la(s) 12.34.34.png
Captura de Pantalla 2021-06-30 a la(s) 12.34.11.png

As your MSI motherboard uses an Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN controller you do not need the Realtek or Atheros Ethernet kexts to be present. The will do absolutely nothing for your system.

Either the IntelMausiEthernet.kext or the newer IntelMausi.kext should work with your I219 LAN controller. You don't need both in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Have you changed any settings in the Bios that would effect the Ethernet port functioning?

Have you checked that you have the Devices > LanInjection=true option enabled in your config.plist?

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 15.51.29.png Devices tab in Clover Configurator
LanInjection option highlighted in Red rectangle

You need to make sure any unsuccessful 'Fixes' you have applied to your system have been removed, once you are sure they don't work. As all they will do is add issues to this troubleshooting problem if left to run or be injected by the system, i.e. Ethernet KextToPatch entries, rename patches (other than GLAN to GIGE) etc.

Thank you. I tried your solution and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back