Contribute
Register

Ethernet not working after Ventura Update.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS Ultra
CPU
i7 10700K
Graphics
6600XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, guys.

My ethernet was working fine in Monetary but after update to Ventura my ethernet stopped working.

My System:
Opencore: 0.8.5
CPU: 10700K
GPU: 6600 XT 8 GB
Motherboard: z490 Aorus Ultra
WIFI/BT: Fenvi t919

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 131
This may not be the most current solution. Use search to see what people have done since the 13.0 release. Many have had issues with their 2.5 Gb Ethernet port and Ventura.

Last edited:
c-o-pr worked PERFECTLY, thank you for the genius minds on here. I used OPTION 1 and it worked great.
I'm impressed you were able to follow that post because when I just looked at it I was almost unable to grok my own explanation...

While option 1 is the more obvious approach from the writeup, checking your i225v firmware for rev 3+ and (if so) enabling AppleVTD is a better approach because no depending on old kexts and reducing complexity of config.

For example, note the esoteric glitches around Sonoma OCLP network driver injection and AMFI dependencies breaking 3rd party apps. It's a drag that a driver injection may cause an arbitrary program to fail down the line. Or worse?

Also, those who seek best thunderbolt support need to enable AppleVTD.

I'm impressed you were able to follow that post because when I just looked at it I was almost unable to grok my own explanation...

While option 1 is the more obvious approach from the writeup, checking your i225v firmware for rev 3+ and (if so) enabling AppleVTD is a better approach because no depending on old kexts and reducing complexity of config.

For example, note the esoteric glitches around Sonoma OCLP network driver injection and AMFI dependencies breaking 3rd party apps. It's a drag that a driver injection may cause an arbitrary program to fail down the line. Or worse?

Also, those who seek best thunderbolt support need to enable AppleVTD.
LOL yes it was very, very hard to understand what you wrote but the LINK to github made it very simple as it explained everything in detail much better.

Just do Option 1 that is in the github link as it's very simple very simple. So, with this, I am staying with Ventura for a few years until I am forced to upgrade due to apps iike Pro Tools and plugins I also use with it.

Again thank you the link you provided.

Back