Contribute
Register

Ethernet not recognized in Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installation, should I install Multi-beast to fix iss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh-home built
CPU
Core i7-4790K 4 GHz, 8mb Cache LGA 1150
Graphics
GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 760 GDDR5-2GB OC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So as the title says:
I finally was able to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 successfully yesterday on my new hackintosh, but I have had no Ethernet. When you search the new hackintosh under ABOUT THIS MAC>MORE INFO>NETWORK>it says "No information found".

Since the ethernet is not recognized in Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installation, should I install Multi-beast to fix issues before installing 10.6.8? The guides say to do it after. But I was wondering if the multibeast would correct the issue I am having with no ethernet being available and that I should install it before.

This would prevent me from grabbing 10.6.8 anyway. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Do not use MultiBeast on Snow Leopard. This is extremely important!

I suggest that under system you put in your motherboard model to aid people in diagnosing the issue that you are having.

It might be that you are using one of the latest Gaming motherboards with the latest and newest Atheros Killer' ethernet chipsets. If this is the case then their is a solution.

There is as yet no Snow Leopard modified and working driver (kext) for Snow Leopard. Instead find an inexpensive USB wifi solution that is supported in 10.6 (must say 10.6 and not 10.6.8 as you are only on 10.6.3) and use this in conjunction with http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/122884-mac-app-store-access-nullethernet-kext.html

This will solve the issues around the 10.6.8 combo update download and Mac App Store access to download Yosemite and the creation of your UniBeast created installer.

Whats wrong with just finding the drivers that match the mobo ethernet GbE LAN? The on board networking is the "Killer E2201 Gaming Networking".

Would it make more sense to just purchase a wireless card or WIFI USB that works on MAC?

Whats wrong with just finding the drivers that match the mobo ethernet GbE LAN? The on board networking is the "Killer E2201 Gaming Networking".

Would it make more sense to just purchase a wireless card or WIFI USB that works on MAC?

Because the kext for the Killer NIC was first made for Mountain Lion and may not work.
Best bet for you is to download the SL 10.6.8 combo update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
and the Apple installer update from http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1512 and put them on a USB drive. Downloading can be done from a Windows machine, then you can transfer to USB and to your OS X build.
Then you might try the Killer driver from the latest MultiBeast and see if it will work. If it doesn't, an inexpensive USB WiFi card may be your best alternative.

Jm from a prior post you listed the "Killer" network ...
this is a no go for SL... need someother method of networking say a Apple USB Network dongle and disable this in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back