Contribute
Register

Ethernet not recognised anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok fixed it. Not sure what did it cause I did many things before last reboot. But I have a feeling it was the repair permissions from disc utility that fixed it.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

solarex said:
Did you apply any OSX Updates that may have break the ethernet? Just a shot in the dark, see if you can run the "HP Probook Installer", and select "Ethernet Kext Installer" option only. Also run repair permissions in Disk Util. and see if it helps.

Just saw your message thanks man.. Hope I saw this earlier could have ended it 6 hours early lol.

I'm glad you're back & running.

Hi I am having this same problem. What else did you try other than repair permissions to get ethernet interface available for selection, as thats not working for me.

I know its been a while now but other than what you wrote is there anything else you can think of? mine was working before i even ran the installer and worked fine for a few days and now nothing...I've installed kexts with manually, kext wizard and kext beast! its so annoying cos I'm still waiting for my wifi/bt card to arrive...which i hope works..

I know its been a while now but other than what you wrote is there anything else you can think of? mine was working before i even ran the installer and worked fine for a few days and now nothing...I've installed kexts with manually, kext wizard and kext beast! its so annoying cos I'm still waiting for my wifi/bt card to arrive...which i hope works..

Need more information. What do you see in SysPrefs -> Network?

Need more information. What do you see in SysPrefs -> Network?

I got it working and now i have the wifi chip but its only seeing BlueTooth and not the Wifi...any tips? I connected the cables right but i cant get it to work... heres what i see when I go into wifi..

CoreWLAN: 3.0.2 (302.12)
CoreWLANKit: 2.0.2 (202.10)
Menu Extra: 8.0.2 (802.7)
configd plug-in: 8.3.2 (832.18.1)
System Information: 8.0 (800.1)
IO80211 Family: 5.2.2 (522.4)
WiFi Diagnostics: 1.1 (110.26)
AirPort Utility: 6.2 (620.33)

I got it working and now i have the wifi chip but its only seeing BlueTooth and not the Wifi...any tips? I connected the cables right but i cant get it to work... heres what i see when I go into wifi..

CoreWLAN: 3.0.2 (302.12)
CoreWLANKit: 2.0.2 (202.10)
Menu Extra: 8.0.2 (802.7)
configd plug-in: 8.3.2 (832.18.1)
System Information: 8.0 (800.1)
IO80211 Family: 5.2.2 (522.4)
WiFi Diagnostics: 1.1 (110.26)
AirPort Utility: 6.2 (620.33)

What do you see in SysPrefs -> Network?

FYI: Ethernet is not WiFi...

Status
Not open for further replies.