Contribute
Register

Ethernet not detected??? BCM5761 even after kext install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For some reason ethernet is not being detected on my L4620G (upgraded to i5-3570k). I managed to get everything working other than ethernet. I've trued multiple kexts and it still won't detect ethernet.

Here's the model no/dev id: NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe and dev id is 1681. If anyone can please help me fix it.

Thanks! :headbang:

For some reason ethernet is not being detected on my L4620G (upgraded to i5-3570k). I managed to get everything working other than ethernet. I've trued multiple kexts and it still won't detect ethernet.

Here's the model no/dev id: NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe and dev id is 1681. If anyone can please help me fix it.

Thanks! :headbang:

i have been having the same issue. did you download DPCI manager? see if it shows up in the PCI list. you may have to install NullEthernet.kext.

I am working through this issue now and if i find any other info i will make sure to let you know.

Ok, thanks. Does 'NullEthernet.kext' fix ethernet? many kexts stated that the specified kext will work with BCM5761 but it just doesnt work...

i have been having the same issue. did you download DPCI manager? see if it shows up in the PCI list. you may have to install NullEthernet.kext.

I am working through this issue now and if i find any other info i will make sure to let you know.

Ok, thanks. Does 'NullEthernet.kext' fix ethernet? many kexts stated that the specified kext will work with BCM5761 but it just doesnt work...

try this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/127059-laymans-guide-access-mac-app-store-nullethernet-kext.html

but you really have to make sure you follow the instructions closely (i haven't been able to get it to work fully - but i know you have to make sure your mac address is added to the kext before you install it).

hopefully this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back