Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA Z170X UD5-TH
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
Hello all Hackintosh Friends,

I am currently working on my first Hackintosh (El Capitan) but ran into a problem that I seem to not find a solution for.
The story: As I could not figure out which Ethernet kext I had to install to use the LAN cable, I first chose the AppleIntelE1000e kext(s). As they did not work, I tried the IntelMausiEthernet which I found out serve newer generations.
After rebooting I got the following Kernel Panic:
IMG_0573.JPG
I did a whole lot of researchon this but every possible solution involves starting up Mac OS X somehow and then fixing/deleting wrong kext(s) in the Terminal.

My problem:
- I can't boot from the HD (SSD) into Mac OS X. If I choose the option to boot in safe mode, the computer just restarts and has the same problem again.
- I also can't boot from the Install USB. If I want to boot from that normally, the loading bar under the Apple logo just stops at around 3/4 of the space and if I want to boot in safe mode from the USB, it get's stuck there:
IMG_0574.JPG

Please help me with this... Sorry if something like this was already posted, I didn't find anything like it.

And if no one knows how to deal with this, a guide on how to delete everything from the SSD and clean re-install everything would be appreciated as I can't do it with this computer.

My hardware:
MoBo: Gigabyte GA Z170X UD5 TH
Processor: Intel i7-6700k
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport (LT)
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980 (config.plist was changed and in "About this Mac" the right GPU was given, so not one of the often occuring graphics problems)
Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO

Thanks in advance!
AudioEngineer

Last edited:
Ok I solved it. Not the nicest way but yeah.
Went to the shop and bought a SATA to USB Adapter, formatted the SSD and re-installed Mac OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back