Contribute
Register

Ethernet issue, but airport works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
2x EVGA GTX 680 FTW LE
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I decided to go with airport once i finished building my airport adapter and it works just fine. But my hackintosh sits right next to my airport extreme router, so i figured i might as well just keep it wired. But prior to switching to wireless it worked perfectly, but now that i tried to go back, it doesnt pick up any signal from the ethernet cord. Says cable is unplugged in network settings. I reinstalled the kexts from multibeast trying both lnx kext and the realtek kext for 10.7 while repairing permissions. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

I had the same issue. I read on the forum looking for a fix and someone said turn off the power and unplug the power supply for a few minutes. That guy was absolutely correct. My machine was off for awhile since I was going out. Give it a try it worked for me.
Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

T-Dog said:
I had the same issue. I read on the forum looking for a fix and someone said turn off the power and unplug the power supply for a few minutes. That guy was absolutely correct. My machine was off for awhile since I was going out. Give it a try it worked for me.
Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

What a simple fix...thank you so much. Happy Holidays to you too bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back