Graphics
HD 5450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've just built my first properly working Hackintosh, sound worked off the bat, boots and shuts down to problems, but the Ethernet is a no go, following an old thread I found out I just need the Atheros1cEthernet.kext, however in the download section I can only find the newer version called "AtherosE2200Ethernet", will this version work or do I need the older version? If so does anyone know where to get the older one?

Probably a stupid question but I'm new to this and don't wanna screw anything up! Thanks for any help!

I've just built my first properly working Hackintosh, sound worked off the bat, boots and shuts down to problems, but the Ethernet is a no go, following an old thread I found out I just need the Atheros1cEthernet.kext
Atheros1cEthernet.kext.zip attached on first post of this thread.

Ohh cool! Thanks for the help, now I've got another question, how the hell do I even install these? I've tried a ridiculous number of methods and none of them have worked?

Ohh cool! Thanks for the help, now I've got another question, how the hell do I even install these? I've tried a ridiculous number of methods and none of them have worked?
Download KextBeast 2.0.1
Place Atheros1cEthernet.kext from the Atheros1cEthernet.kext.zip file on your desktop.
Run KextBeast installer
Select the destination folder: /Library/Extensions
Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back