Graphics
Intel 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed Mavericks with a few minor issues. All of which have been resolved for the most part except my ethernet connection isn't working. I've used Mutibeast 6.0.1 to install the hnack driver. It worked on and off and now it just doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

Hi xxrazorflamexx,

I'm having the same sort of problem with my ethernet connection.
However when I unplug and plug back in the cable it works.

Very annoying.

Hello xxrazorflamexx, strangely, but maybe not related, I have the same problem. Not so much since installing Mavericks, but since switching Internet provider. At first it worked fine, then it went to a self defined IP, then it went to (and has stuck at) cable unplugged. My wife's iMac, which is connected straight to the modem, suffered the same fate.
It turned out her Mac could not handle the energy settings (energysavingmode and 100 base ethernet) of the new modem. Problem solved for her when I switched the modem port to permanent Gigabit. It couldn't handle the energy saving settings of the modem for Gigabit either.

My own connection is over a switch since the switch, which saves energy by shutting down unused ports. No problem for the windows computer in our network, but I am having the same problems as the iMac. And I cannot alter the switch settings.

What I have read elsewhere is that the problem has to do with Apple's basic software: when the computer starts up, or wakes, it sends a signal over the ethernetcable to the modem (or in my case switch). If it does not receive a signal back in a certain (??) time period, it times out and just assumes no cable is connected. No retries.

That ties in with the solution I found for the iMac (permanently enabled Gigabit Ethernet replies in time, while energy saving systems, switch and original modem settings, do not). I don't know if this helps you, but it might point to possible solutions.

I have tried manually setting the ethernet speed, full or half-duplex etc.. No luck. You could try that.
Still to come is resetting the BIOS, and after that looking for networking kexts that work. No real solution as yet, but will let you know.
Luckily we have a Macbook as backup....

I am not really adding much to this, but the lack of ethernet is on my Hack also with the same motherboard and similar build.

I also have a secondary option next to the ethernet option which tells me that the built in port is not connected.

I am having the same issues connecting to ethernet on my build. Booting into Mavericks on the same mobo gigabyte ga-z87x-ud3h.

Have you guys tried the lnx2mac driver available in multibeast?

Hi people,

I'm pleased to say that after upgrading to the F9 bios on my GA-Z87X-UD3H, I no longer have to crawl under my desk to unplug and plugin my ethernet cable to get my IP assigned correctly.

Please tell us which driver you have installed.

you have a Intel[SUP]®[/SUP] GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) and i think multibeast has some options for them (at least 3 intel chip related drivers) and 3 for atheros related chip

my mainboard does have a intel ethernet chip too, which only works with the 2nd selectable Intel driver in multibeast... its called AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d

the latest AppleIntel driver seems to be failing (AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4) (some users mentioned it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back