Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Hi,

It appears that the ethernet port on my P55M-UD2 is dead. It stopped working under OS X and Linux. I have confirmed that it is enabled in the bios.

I'd like some recommendations for OS X compatible ethernet cards. I'd like the card to run in 64 bit mode and either be supported natively under OS X or be compatible with the network drivers in mutlibeast. Looking for 10/100/1000 Mbps.

Thanks for any suggestions.

talisman said:
Hi,

It appears that the ethernet port on my P55M-UD2 is dead. It stopped working under OS X and Linux. I have confirmed that it is enabled in the bios.
Have you tried cold-booting the system ?
Leaving it a while without power ?
Might help also clearing CMOS, reflashing BIOS.
I've seen this many times on Gigabyte boards...

As funny as it sounds, make it sure the port/cable is clean...
I remember one member here reporting "lint" in the port...

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

talisman said:
Hi,

I'd like some recommendations for OS X compatible ethernet cards. I'd like the card to run in 64 bit mode and either be supported natively under OS X or be compatible with the network drivers in mutlibeast. Looking for 10/100/1000 Mbps.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Is Green LAN disabled?

Lnx2Mac said:
As funny as it sounds, make it sure the port/cable is clean...
I remember one member here reporting "lint" in the port...

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

I'm not that member but the lint thing happened to me years ago with the video card. It was bad too, it kept shorting out my motherboard so I thought my motherboard or video card were messed up and when I was about to put it into the box to send it back, I saw the video card had some lint in the port. I was like WTFF!!! I used an air can to get it all out and everything worked just fine. :D

Thanks for the suggestions. Green LAN is disabled. The cable/port works with my other computer. I'll check for lint. I'll try clearing the CMOS and reflashing the bios.

Lnx2Mac,

I cleared the CMOS, Loaded Optimized Defaults and set up SATA and HPET and the onboard network port is working once again. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can't thank you enough for your help! (Plus I learned something new)

talisman said:
Lnx2Mac,

I cleared the CMOS, Loaded Optimized Defaults and set up SATA and HPET and the onboard network port is working once again. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can't thank you enough for your help! (Plus I learned something new)
:)
:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back