Contribute
Register

Ethernet as Wifi, Bluetooth Lag, 5Ghz failures, and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Nexus Hackintosh
CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, several network problems recently came up unexpectedly. As far as I know, it was all after the update to 10.10.2 Yosemite.

I have the following components (relevant to this post)...

- BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth PCIe
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
- Chimera Bootloader
- Airport Extreme AC (New Gen)
- No additional changes and kexts

I'm experiencing the following...

1. In system preferences, my Wifi shows up as an Ethernet...
2. Frequent lags and disconnects from Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to the Mackintosh (e.g. typing 1 2 3 4 5, results in 1 2 3333333 4 5)
3. Unable to connect to 5Ghz band for Airport Extreme anymore. On rare occasions, it connects with no internet connection.

Has anyone experienced any of these behaviours post 10.10.2, or have a fix for them? I'm not sure if the update caused all these issues simultaneously, but it is becoming annoying enough that It's interfering with general usage.

Thanks very much.

Partially solved...

By deleting these files in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/, I was able to reset the network preferences. Upon restart, the Wifi and Ethernet were correctly assigned.

NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

--

5Ghz was running on channel 36 on Airport Extreme. By changing the channel to automatic, it could be joined again.

--

Lag still persists on Bluetooth however...

Did you find a solution for the bluetooth problem? I'm having the same issue. Awful lag on my apple keyboard, magic mouse, and trackpad.

A few months after, and it seems like the issue still persists. 5Ghz is still a hit or miss most of the time. It often disconnects on its own and cannot be joined again (Network still visible, fails during connection).

It can only be rejoined some of the times by attempting different methods in no particular order, such as changing the channel, restoring the Airport Extreme, restart computer, etc.

There's a lot of threads on this forum about how the BCM94360CD cards work, but it seems like no one is running into this issue (or is running 5Ghz). Starting to lose faith in Wifi now, connecting via Ethernet :(

Hi Frank,

I'm facing the same problem about the Bluetooth.

I figured out that Apple use 4.0 BT and i bought a Usbluetooth dongle that was not 4.0v so i ordered a new 4.0 on amazon today. I'l let you know if it works better with it.

I figured this out when i tried to connect my keyboard+trackpad and if i used the trackpad, the keyboard was laggy. If i disconnect the TP, the keyboard work good. And if i don't disconnect the TP and i try to use the KB, the TP disconnect.

If i connect the TP and the KB to my MacBook Pro everything work fine (4.0 BT :p) but when i add the MagicMouse, the KB become laggy on the MBP as it is on my hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back