eSATA Port Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cl0ak

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
i5 3570K (Ivy Bridge)
AMD Radeon HD 6870

I can't get the eSATA port in the back to work. Has anyone had any luck with eSATA? I know you can get PCI eSATA cards so eSATA, but for some reason when I plug my external in it doesn't show up.

Thanks.

eSATA is controlled by the marvell controller
you need to install the AHCI 3rdParty eSATA kext from multibeast to get it to work

also make sure to put it in AHCI mode in bios

timbck2 said:
I still haven't been able to get eSATA to work with either the onboard SATA ports (connected to an eSATA adapter bracket) or with two different PCIe cards I've tried. So I'd be interested in any helpful responses here too.

I bought a Lacie 2xesata PCIe card with port multiplier OS X compliant.

Works wonderfully ;).

Attachments

• eSATA2.tif
    4.2 MB · Views: 485
Olivier75009 said:

Works wonderfully ;).
I just purchased the LaCie 2xeSATA PCIe Card and it's recognized in Win7 but not in OSX (I dual boot). Not sure why, it's supposed to be plug-and-play. Did you have to install a certain kext to get it to work? Thanks!

My onBoard eSATA works great on my mainboard.
Just had to install the eSATA driver from Multibeast.

BUT since OSX 10.7 eSATA drives are not really hot plugable anymore. You have to power the drive wait until it's running and then plug in the eSATA cable.

cl0ak said:
I just purchased the LaCie 2xeSATA PCIe Card and it's recognized in Win7 but not in OSX (I dual boot). Not sure why, it's supposed to be plug-and-play. Did you have to install a certain kext to get it to work? Thanks!

Here it is.(It's the antistatic model)

Attachments

• SiliconImage3132r5.kext.zip
    491 KB · Views: 176
  • LaciePCIe.jpg
    LaciePCIe.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 814
titsmgee said:
eSATA is controlled by the marvell controller
you need to install the AHCI 3rdParty eSATA kext from multibeast to get it to work

also make sure to put it in AHCI mode in bios

Thanks for this... worked for me.

Works wonderfully ;).

Hi

I've got the same card and installed the driver and the kext from Multibeast and the card shows up in the BIOS to be configured in RAID but not in the System info of os x.
Did you have to activate anything else? Or can the card only be used for RAID?

Thanks

I found the solution! For Lion 10.7.5, it works well with the Sonnet's #146 aka "Tempo SATA E2P, Tempo SATA Edge ExpressCard/34 and Tempo SATA ExpressCard/34 Driver (OS X 10.5+) 1.2.6". The previous driver from the Lacie website doesn't work.

Here is the website: http://www.sonnettech.com/support/kb/kb.php?cat=345&expand=&action=a3#a3 to download the driver.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back