Contribute
Register

Ersterhernd's NUCiMac G4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had serious video corruption/artifacting issues with my 20" G4. Be sure to read my 20" thread entirely before starting. I never got the Haswell NUC to work properly, ended up having to revert back to an HD4000 based NUC. Not the planned solution, but it worked.

That Haswell NUC is now performing flawlessly in my A1076 iMac G5.

Cheers.

Hello,

I hope someone has a clue. I started a project on a 1Ghz iMac G4 with 17" after i Did my 15" one. But on the 17" model I have a problem with the inverter, as it looks to me. Before i started i made a functionality check, and everything was fine, backlight, pixels etc. But now I startet on the inverter cable, I just connected the for lines. Green with one KOhm resistor to 5V, red to 5V blue to 12V and the black one to ground. The result is a very short flashing up of the display after connection the Power unit, then it is dark again. Disconnection and connection again, again a flashing, thats it, the backlight does not on permanently.

Does anyone know what this could be?

I would be very thankful for a hint on this.

That's odd. Have you checked your voltages with a multimeter? Or, perhaps a bad ground is the culprit. Try a different PSU if you have one. Strange.

Ersterhernd

Hello,

I hope someone has a clue. I started a project on a 1Ghz iMac G4 with 17" after i Did my 15" one. But on the 17" model I have a problem with the inverter, as it looks to me. Before i started i made a functionality check, and everything was fine, backlight, pixels etc. But now I startet on the inverter cable, I just connected the for lines. Green with one KOhm resistor to 5V, red to 5V blue to 12V and the black one to ground. The result is a very short flashing up of the display after connection the Power unit, then it is dark again. Disconnection and connection again, again a flashing, thats it, the backlight does not on permanently.

Does anyone know what this could be?

I would be very thankful for a hint on this.

I had the same problem. See here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/imac-mods/104625-mactester57s-hemimac-g4-2.html#post639656

A good, stable GND line is very important. Do not use crocodile clips for testing.

Good luck

MacTester

and BTW: I hope, that you all had merry christmas and want wish you a happy 2016!

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, The Grounding was the problem on the fishing. After connecting the Cage to proper ground it works fine.

By the way, thanks for asking, Christmas was fine within the family. All good wishes to you for 2016 as well.

Hello, and special thanks to MacTester57

After a good grounding to the cage it works now fine.

Christmas was fine, and all good wishes from me to you for 2016

Hello MacTester57,

Step by step my Project goes on. The compleate display is working now, backlight and dispaly itself work very fine.

My question now, could you please explain a little more detailed your power surplies. What power supplies did you user for your mod. As I read it was the NUC power supply and in addition the PICCO. Did you throw the original one to trash?

I understanding is, you use the original power jack from the mac, and connect the NUC supply to it on 220V line. For the 19V line you created a Y-Cable one end going to the NUC, the other end to the PICO. And for starting the Pico you used this transistor, am I correct?

It would be greate if you could publish a little "compleate" drawing of your Mod-Power-Supply.

Thankx for it

Piume

What kind of wires did you guys use to go from the PSU to whatever in you iMac ? And what kind of termination did you use ? Stranded ? Solid core ? Terminated with a little pin ?

I'm in desperate need for your help guys. I had everything working, but now just get a white to black hell of a Output. Please see my video to maybe recognize what is going wrong. thanks a lot.

I'm in desperate need for your help guys. I had everything working, but now just get a white to black hell of a Output. Please see my video to maybe recognize what is going wrong. thanks a lot.

The Rules said:
Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back