Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Ersterhernds

i have a imac g5 with a Display from Samsung LTM201M1-L01
my datasheet is different as yours

http://www.datasheet4u.com/datasheet/L/T/M/LTM201M1-L01_Samsung.pdf.html

can you help me with the pinout ? please :shifty:

Kiwi said i should ask you :wave:

Hi blackiblax, the iMac you have is probably an Intel iMac, not a G5 as I have used. The A1145 was the final model to use the TMDS display. After that, Apple went to an LVDS panel in their iMac lineup, which is radically different technology than its predecessor.

Conversion from HDMI to LVDS is something not yet tried on this forum. It requires a custom-programmed LVDS converter that is specific to the panel it's plugging into. Not cheap either from what I know.

You can probably still mod that machine, but it will likely require purchasing a TMDS 20" panel like came in the A1145. Then only thing you'll have to be careful about is that the bolt patterns must match the current panel so it can be screwed in properly. These panels are available but good ones are tough to find.

The power supply and inverter in your machine can likely be re-used. See this post for help with that; I'd do it that way if I ever did an iSight model again. I used a G4 LCD cable, but if I did it again would have used the existing cable soldered to an HDMI adapter like Kiwi did. In fact I was successful in doing that in my A1076 build recently. Many thanks to Kiwi for pioneering this method. Its difficult to complete, but very clean.

Hope this helps, but unless you can find a way to convert LVDS to HDMI, you're out of luck with that LCD panel. Thus, nobody has yet attempted it on this forum. It'll be groundbreaking when someone does.

Cheers!

If you can find success with it, new possibilities will open up for iMac mods.

Good Luck!

The LVDS may be possible, but fitting the mITX form factor inside an iSight iMac shell is going to be a stretch. My 4x4" NUC just barely squeezed in.

Just a word of caution.

Cheers!

Slim mITX is 6.7x6.7" and it is not higher than NUC yet one has to be creative with cooling. I think it possible.

And great mod you did BTW. I definitely gonna do this one and 20" iMac G4 sometimes after I will have time to do my PMG5 standing in closet before)

Update: The G5 20" build has been updated to the Clover bootloader through UEFI. This allows a totally vanilla installation with kext injection & modification done by Clover at boot time. I'm very impressed with Clover, it was worth spending a couple of days to familiarize myself with it. I did a clean install of Yosemite in this system, then installed Clover to the EFI partition.
Cheers!

Hi ersterhernd

I'd like to try Clover in my DC3217BY but I can't find a specific guide for this model.
I tried this one http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html with no success.
Could you please post a brief summary of the process you followed and the issues you encountered?

Edit:It would be great if you could post your config.plist file

Many thanks
F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back