Contribute
Register

Ersterhernd's G4 Cube Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tested it. I don't use sleep very often, if at all.

The machine goes down immdiately following a couple of flashes of the HDD LED. The power LED blinks. I have not set the machine to wake from USB, but probably could. Tapping the touch sensor on top of the Cube rewakes it immediately. My Magic Trackpad remains disconnected until I push the right side button, at which time it is detected and shows as connected on the BT icon in the menu bar.

Repeated this twice in the last few minutes, so it seems consistent. As requested I've attached the support files zipped. I'm running 0048 bios.

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSDT00048.zip
    17 KB · Views: 204
Hello Ersterhernd, I make you my compliments for your builds: sensational!
I'm going to make a Mac G4 Cube similar to yours, with a 20" Apple Cinema Display ADC. I have already procured the DVI->ADC adapter.
Can I ask how you connected the adapter to the Cube?
In one of the first images you see an HDMI->DVI connected to the motherboard, but this would not fit in the normal position.
Thank you in advance :)

Hello pep_one, you'll enjoy this project, a terrific challenge and a gratifying reward when it's all done.

I purchased a 3 ft HDMi m/f extension cable which runs out the bottom of the cube and down to the floor. I plugged the hdmi --> dvi converter into the female end of the hdmi. The adc to dvi converter comes next.

Worked like a charm.

Good luck with your build, post lots of photos for us!

Cheers!

Oh it's really simple!
I suppose that you use an extension also for the USB connector of the Adc->dvi adapter, isn't it?
I have already disassembled my cube, non I'm waiting for motherboard and other components.
As soon as possible I make a new thread with photos.
Thank you very much!

What board are you using? Did you find a DQ77KB ?

Ersterhernd

It was very hard, and very expensive, but seems that I found the DQ77KB
I hope that seller send me the motherboard as soon as possible.
I already bought also the cpu, ram and the ssd msata, but for detail you'll wait the official thread ;)
Today I buy the Apple pro speaker, that aren't inclused in my cube, and the Apple Cinema Display 20" :)

Ps sorry for my english, I'm Italian...

Excellent choice of motherboard. Looking forward to your project thread.

Cheers!

Hi Ersterhernd, I have a question for you.
Do you think that I can use a display port to dvi adapter for connect my dvi to adc adapter for my Cinema Display?
Can I use the 2 video output (hdmi and DP) together?
Thank you.

P.s. The motherboard shipment is late :(

I remember reading somewhere that DP to DVI causes occasional problems, although I've never tried it myself. I wasn't even sure that HDMI to DVI to ADC was going to work, but thankfully it did. My i7 Cube uses Displayport to Mini-Displayport conversion to connect to my 27" LED Cinema Display at full resolution (which is native MiniDP).

Trying it out with your fingers crossed may the only way to find out.

Ersterhernd

Ok, thank you very much Ersterhernd.
I will try it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back