Contribute
Register

Ersterhernd's G4 Cube Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies. I will post some pics but there about the same as this project except I did replace DVD drive with one that was mentioned in one of the threads. I had to cut the case of the original drive housing to get it to fit. The bottom fan also had to have its corner cut more to accommodate the DVD. I tried it and it works. I will have to retest after the top cube is in position.

I have ordered an amp(Ebay)(Sonic) as you suggested for the speakers.

I am still trying to contact Edisen via emails. On their web I try to put sensor in my cart and it keeps kicking out an error message?

I will start a new thread with some pics soon.

Thanks
Dennis

What header did you use to connect the case fans to? I have installed the Foxconn DC Brushless PVA080F12H" (80x80x20mm, 4Pin, 12V, 0.36A) to fit in the original fan support on the backplate. I have it connected to the System fan header, but it will not show up in BIOS, or HWMonitor. I am unable to get it to spin up, not sure if it is a bad fan, or I am missing a step. Any suggestions?

@ersterhernd Thanks for posting about your really good G4 Cube mod, great thread and nice photos. I've started thinking about my next mod one the G5 is finished, and I really want to try the G4 Cube. I haven't purchased my Cube yet, I'm looking and checking the perspex covers, I'm in nor rush!. I noted that you recommended the Intel DQ77MK motherboard, I have been reading up on this board and wondered if it's still a good!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back