Contribute
Register

Errors validating config.plist after NVMe install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 6870
I got a 11.7.2 install working on a spare SSD I had using OC Auxiliary tools v20230011. The config.plist validated Ok with no errors.

Using the same install media, same config.plist, same hardware I installed onto a new WD Black NVMe SSD. Everything appears to be working, however if I open config.plist in OCA I'm now getting these errors.

Code:
OCS: No schema for CustomPciSerialDevice at 4 index, context <Quirks>!

OCS: No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 11 index, context <Quirks>!

OCS: No schema for HibernateSkipsPicker at 2 index, context <Boot>!

OCS: No schema for LogModules at 5 index, context <Debug>!

OCS: Missing key SerialInit, context <Debug>!

OCS: Missing key AllowNvramReset, context <Security>!

OCS: Missing key AllowToggleSip, context <Security>!

OCS: No schema for Serial at 5 index, context <Misc>!

OCS: No schema for FullNvramAccess at 5 index, context <Tools>!

OCS: Missing key LegacyEnable, context <NVRAM>!

OCS: No schema for PointerDwellClickTimeout at 5 index, context <AppleInput>!

OCS: No schema for PointerDwellDoubleClickTimeout at 6 index, context <AppleInput>!

OCS: No schema for PointerDwellRadius at 7 index, context <AppleInput>!

OCS: No schema for LoadEarly at 3 index, context <Drivers>!

Serialisation returns 16 errors!

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/Config.plist in 1 ms. Found 16 issues requiring attention.

If I boot off of the old SSD and load the same file, it validates without errors.

If I boot off of the old SSD and load the same file, it validates without errors.
You have files from 2 different versions of OpenCore.
Note that all of the OpenCore files must be from the same version.

You should be able to discern the version from the date/time stamp.

All the Opencore.efi files have the same January 2nd date.
Clearly not or you would have no errors. (Assuming that you’re using the same config.plist for both)

Check :

BOOTx64.efi
OpenCore.efi
Not as important but drivers and tools should be from the same version.

Last edited:
I got a 11.7.2 install working on a spare SSD I had using OC Auxiliary tools v20230011. The config.plist validated Ok with no errors.

Using the same install media, same config.plist, same hardware I installed onto a new WD Black NVMe SSD. Everything appears to be working, however if I open config.plist in OCA I'm now getting these errors.

Code:
OCS: No schema for CustomPciSerialDevice at 4 index, context <Quirks>!

OCS: No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 11 index, context <Quirks>!

OCS: No schema for HibernateSkipsPicker at 2 index, context <Boot>!

OCS: No schema for LogModules at 5 index, context <Debug>!

OCS: Missing key SerialInit, context <Debug>!

OCS: Missing key AllowNvramReset, context <Security>!

OCS: Missing key AllowToggleSip, context <Security>!

OCS: No schema for Serial at 5 index, context <Misc>!

OCS: No schema for FullNvramAccess at 5 index, context <Tools>!

OCS: Missing key LegacyEnable, context <NVRAM>!

OCS: No schema for PointerDwellClickTimeout at 5 index, context <AppleInput>!

OCS: No schema for PointerDwellDoubleClickTimeout at 6 index, context <AppleInput>!

OCS: No schema for PointerDwellRadius at 7 index, context <AppleInput>!

Serialisation returns 16 errors!

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/Config.plist in 1 ms. Found 16 issues requiring attention.

"No schema" means that ocvalidate didn't recognize the key, usually because the version of OC it corresponds to didn't have that config defined.

Your report is a little fuzzy: config.plist goes with a specific version of OC, but you don't mention what version.

OCAT doesn't use the version of OC in the EFI to select ocvalidate, it uses the version of OC you select from its menu.

So OCAT will let you get confused by running a version of ocvalidate that doesn't agree with the config.plist that you've opened.

OCAT ought help you harmonize these but instead it let's you run them out of sync.

I'm gonna guess that what's missing from your report is when you changed OCAT OC version.

Figure out what version of OC is in the EFI you are regarding, choose this version in OCAT, then ocvalidate output will make sense.

Unless I'm wrong...

Clearly not or you would have no errors. (Assuming that you’re using the same config.plist for both)

Check :

BOOTx64.efi
OpenCore.efi
Not as important but drivers and tools should be from the same version.

I think all the files are the same, they should be I copied the files from the SSD (Gladstone) to the NVMe WD.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 5.24.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 5.24.51 PM.png
    421.5 KB · Views: 33
"No schema" means that ocvalidate didn't recognize the key, usually because the version of OC it corresponds to didn't have that config defined.

Your report is a little fuzzy: config.plist goes with a specific version of OC, but you don't mention what version.

OCAT doesn't use the version of OC in the EFI to select ocvalidate, it uses the version of OC you select from its menu.

So OCAT will let you get confused by running a version of ocvalidate that doesn't agree with the config.plist that you've opened.

OCAT ought help you harmonize these but instead it let's you run them out of sync.

I'm gonna guess that what's missing from your report is when you changed OCAT OC version.

Figure out what version of OC is in the EFI you are regarding, choose this version in OCAT, then ocvalidate output will make sense.

Unless I'm wrong...
Every thing should be 0.8.8. Hackintool boot section reports 0.8.8 as the booted version.

I think all the files are the same

Every thing should be 0.8.8. Hackintool boot section reports 0.8.8 as the booted version.

Then it must be the config.plist that is at fault :

Each ‘OCS’ line relates to an error in your config.plist.

The ocvalidate utility that comes with each release of OpenCore should help you to identify and correct them.

Use the 'Find' function of your plist editor to locate each of the errors and then you can correct them by comparison with the sample plist supplied with OpenCore.

OCValidate must correspond to the version of OC you are using too. i.e. if using OC 0.8.8, you must use OCValidate from 0.8.8 as well. I'm not sure how OCAT handles this, but I would hope it uses the version which corresponds to which version is selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back