Contribute
Register

Error: "Windows Setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Intel GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660 OC 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first hackintosh build and i was going for a dual boot. I have 2 corsair force 120gb SSDs (one for mac os and the other for windows) but when i try to install windows i get "Windows Setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware" :banghead: I have tried reformatting the drive with no effect. I have been struggling for hours with this and I have no idea how to make it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i7-3770K
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 660 OC

This is my first hackintosh build and i was going for a dual boot. I have 2 corsair force 120gb SSDs (one for mac os and the other for windows) but when i try to install windows i get "Windows Setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware" :banghead: I have tried reformatting the drive with no effect. I have been struggling for hours with this and I have no idea how to make it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i7-3770K
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 660 OC

Make sure you disconnect the SSD w/ OS X on it for the duration of the Windows install.
And make sure you boot Windows install media in legacy mode, not UEFI (turn off UEFI in BIOS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back