CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get an error message when I create USB with Unibeast 8.0.
Have done as per guide on page.
Thank you for all the work that you put on your tool

cLjsebqAmegiI19WBw_RaN8Lc-zmUIfpVDrhWacu09xzkFs4Fsyl7uLpi3y_4sB-CeicGshqCfwhxH8=w2880-h1540

I get an error message when I create USB with Unibeast 8.0.
Have done as per guide on page.
Thank you for all the work that you put on your tool

cLjsebqAmegiI19WBw_RaN8Lc-zmUIfpVDrhWacu09xzkFs4Fsyl7uLpi3y_4sB-CeicGshqCfwhxH8=w2880-h1540
Yup I get the same error message

Im going to try it in another USB port, and will also try it on my MacBook Pro, see which one works

Attachments

• apfs.png
    apfs.png
    118 KB · Views: 406
OK success, it seems that USB was not formatted correctly, the first time I formatted, it did not give me the option for GUID, reformatted and Unibeast was able to create USB. Now just waiting for Multibeast and then I can install HS. Thanks

mmm, same error here. changed ports and reformatted several times but no luck.

Ok. I figure it out. This is it what I did:
As per the troubleshooting notes "17. If you choose UEFI Boot Mode install, the USB stick MUST be formatted as GPT". It turns out that to format GPT you have to select the option "Scheme: GUID partition map" in the "erase" command on Disk Utility
upload_2017-10-24_18-50-37.png

The problem for me was that the scheme option was not available for my two of my USB sticks. Probably because both are by default MBR instead of GPT. I don't know how to make it work in MacOS (I'm a newbie mac user), but I know how to convert a MBR drive to GPT in Windows using diskpart.
If you have a windows PC available here is the procedure:
1. Open Command Prompt (press windows key and type cmd)
3.Type "Diskpart", press Enter
4.Type "List Disk" , press Enter
5.Type "Select Disk #" (where # is the number your drive shows up as), press Enter
6.Type "Clean", press Enter
7.Type "Convert GPT", press Enter
8.Type "Exit", press Enter.

The drive is ready in GPT to be formatted in MacOS with the "erase"in "Disk Utility" as show above selecting Scheme: GUID Partition Map.

I'm sure there should be a way to convert an MBR drive to GPT in MacOS that you can google if you don't have a Windows PC available.

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll try right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back