i3-8100
Graphics
Asus Ceberus GTX1050 Ti Advanced

Attachments

• IMG_4824.JPG
    IMG_4824.JPG
    555.2 KB · Views: 158
So I've tried OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv
and tried nickwoodhams.com OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.
Still get the same error.
I've seen the option to try aptiomemoryfix.efi - where can I download that from?

Any help much appreciated.

So I've tried OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv
and tried nickwoodhams.com OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.
Still get the same error.
I've seen the option to try aptiomemoryfix.efi - where can I download that from?

Any help much appreciated.
Try AptioMemoryFix.efi with the Clover installer.
Or in the Downloads section (above) - Link

You are a godsend - cheers!

OK, got a lot further along with the boot, a lot of code loading on the screen (attached), but then paused for about 30 seconds and came up with the stop sign again and the screen text distorted.

Again, any help you can give would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_4826.JPG
    IMG_4826.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4827.JPG
    IMG_4827.JPG
    442.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4828.JPG
    IMG_4828.JPG
    435.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4829.JPG
    IMG_4829.JPG
    416.7 KB · Views: 144
OK, got a lot further along with the boot, a lot of code loading on the screen (attached), but then paused for about 30 seconds and came up with the stop sign again and the screen text distorted.

Again, any help you can give would be great.

Same error with H310M-S2H and i3-8100, any solution?

Still.png

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Thankyou P1LGRIM your help is much appreciated!

OK so all went well, I got to the part where I launch Multibeast to finish the install.

I chose what i thought was relevant kexts etc, however on reboot my keyboard and mouse stopped working.
It would boot and then just after the Apple logo appears the keyboard lights would flick off,
I tried a USB hub and the USB hub lights would go on so the USB is getting power but it made no difference to the K&M.
It would get to the login screen but of course I couldn't log in.
I tried USB fix in Clover and tried turning on and off USB ownership and injection, no change.

So I reinstalled the OS and got back to the part where I need to use Multibeast to finish.

So before I do that is there anything I need to do or I missed to make sure that USB works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back