Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti boost
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there. I`ve tried to use this app with both osx default graphic driver and nvidia web driver (latest). I have a GTX 650 Ti Boost, osx 10.11. Both drivers are working fine on dual monitors. Evrytime I try to load the app I get the below message:

View attachment cuda-x.tiff

Anyone else gotten this mesage? Or do you know an alternative app to monitor gpu temp etc?

Thanks.

Hi there. I`ve tried to use this app with both osx default graphic driver and nvidia web driver (latest). I have a GTX 650 Ti Boost, osx 10.11. Both drivers are working fine on dual monitors. Evrytime I try to load the app I get the below message:

View attachment 156121

Anyone else gotten this mesage? Or do you know an alternative app to monitor gpu temp etc?

Thanks.

you can use HW Monitor as long as you have FakeSMC installed in /S/L/E with the plugins. Or I use an app from the App Store called Monity which has a very nice looking widget for Notification Center.

Did you install the CUDA drivers? They're a separate install from the NVidia Graphics drivers. You can download the CUDA drivers from https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads.

Thanks nobodynose, that did the trick: View attachment cuda-x_working.tiff

@ slim.jim: So I`m using Intel Power Gadget for cpu temp, works pretty well. I would like to try HW Monitor, however there are quite a few versions from different sources. Which is the trustworthy one I should use please?

Thank you for your help guys.

OK thanks. I`m using clover as my bootloader. Can I still install drivers through multibeast? I had a look at the guide, and I understand I can use the DSDT free option since I have a Z77 board, but which option should I choose at bootloader? And then there is chimera which I haven`t used before? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

OK thanks. I`m using clover as my bootloader. Can I still install drivers through multibeast? I had a look at the guide, and I understand I can use the DSDT free option since I have a Z77 board, but which option should I choose at bootloader? And then there is chimera which I haven`t used before? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

You don't need to install all of that. Just install the FakeSMC and HW Monitor stuff.

Hi slim.jim,

I've installed HW Monitor. It worked, but only displayed my hd temp. After a restart later, it's trying to update just after I login and then my computer freezes. How can I disable the kext or app in boot manager? See attached photo. IMG_20151014_183217681.jpg

Nevermind, I got it sorted. Was able to login as a guest user and then I just moved HW Monitor app to the trash. Logged out and into my acccount, back to normal. Guess I must`ve installed incorrectly or it doesn`t like my setup....

Hi slim.jim,

I've installed HW Monitor. It worked, but only displayed my hd temp. After a restart later, it's trying to update just after I login and then my computer freezes. How can I disable the kext or app in boot manager? See attached photo.View attachment 156435

Did you install the 4 plugins for FakeSMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back