Motherboard
ASUS P5KPL-AM
CPU
Intel Xeon Quad-Core 2,67
Graphics
Zotac GeForce GT 430 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm facing a problem for weeks. Today I gave up and and came here to ask some helppppppp...

I'm a system analyst I since some days ago I'd trying to solve an error that makes the Xamarin Mac Agent to not connect my Visual Studio and my Sierra Hackintosh. Looking for a solution to my problem, I tried many (I think I can say All of them) ways like try to connect to the mac typing manually its ip instead of just click on the previously found mac in the grid. Uninstall and reinstall the ide's I use to develop, repair them, modify them... All tries with no lucky.

But maybe, just maybe, there is a solution to it.

In this post: https://stackoverflow.com/a/33364409 an option to solve this is to reboot in recovery mode, and disable csrutil, and install mono, then enable csrutil again, because System/Library is in rootless mode in Sierra, mono is installed in a diferent path and Visual Studio looks directly to this path.

Now, I can't to reboot in recovery mode and I don't know why...

I have a Nvidia 430 installed on it, and in the post installation, I injected it.
I do not even know if it is a problem.

I have tried some ways like set boot args nv_disable=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, and in all tries it falls in a grey screen, with the circle cursor, and stay there forever. It occurs just after the Apple loading screen.

Please, help me with some forgotten detail that I miss or a new approach to get Visual Studio connected with my OSX or to get recovery mode boot working.

Thanks

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I can't to reboot in recovery mode and I don't know why...
In order to use the Recovery partition you must place FakeSMC.kext in your EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I have tried some ways like set boot args nv_disable=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, and in all tries it falls in a grey screen
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera/Chameleon boot loader and is not valid in Clover.
The grey screen is typical when you do not have FakeSMC.kext as above.

In order to use the Recovery partition you must place FakeSMC.kext in your EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera/Chameleon boot loader and is not valid in Clover.
I sorry. I just updated my profile. I will try that and let you know.
Thanks

FakeSMC.kext is located in SYstem/Libray/Extensions
I have not EFI directory. My installation was made in Legacy mode.
Should I do something?

FakeSMC.kext is located in SYstem/Libray/Extensions
I have not EFI directory. My installation was made in Legacy mode.
Should I do something?
Of course you have an /EFI directory, it is on your system disk instead of the EFI partition when you install in Legacy mode.
The bad news is it's not going to work for you like that.
If your motherboard is UEFI capable then you should install Clover in UEFI mode.

i have the fakesmc in the 'other' folder, and i can't boot into recovery mode (sierra, efi install). no issues (sierra runs beautifully), but i was curious, tried, no dice (booting into recovery via clover boot option/recovery icon).

i have the fakesmc in the 'other' folder, and i can't boot into recovery mode (sierra, efi install). no issues (sierra runs beautifully), but i was curious, tried, no dice (booting into recovery via clover boot option/recovery icon).
Don't hijack another user's thread - If you have a problem then you should start a new one of your own.

I'm also unable to boot into recovery mode, and FakeSMC.kext is in kexts/Other.

My recovery mode boot attempts land on the install utility with no option to boot into Recovery mode.

FWIW: I'm trying to install apps (Adobe Lightroom, etc. and Canon Print Drivers). I'm hoping installing while in recovery mode is successful. (I have other open threads on the installation issues.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back