Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Error symbol on install boot. First Hackintosh attempt - super noob please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks, sorry for the long delay in any updates... Here is where I am at now... for whatever reason I just cannot seem to get it past the initial install without having some major video issues once I try and follow the next steps and guides provided. I end up with no display at all. Would it be easier at this point to throw a 750ti I have laying around and retry? Maybe going with High Sierra instead? Both? Like I said from the start I am a total noob to this and you all have provided so much help on this project that there is no way I'm giving up now. Besides I'm hoping I can get this thing up and running stable so I can finally retire my much beloved 2009 Mac Pro. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Several questions / comments:
  • Which video port are you using (HDMI, DP, DVI)? The best option at this stage of installation would be DisplayPort. No need for that Nvidia card or High Sierra!
  • If you have no choice but to use HDMI or DVI, then a framebuffer connector patch is required, and we should check on "-disablegfxfirmware".
Anyway, feel free to compress and upload the CLOVER folder from the EFI partition of your Mojave SSD.

Using the HDMI port. I will have that folder uploaded ASAP. Thanks!

Would it make life a lot easier if I were to pickup a display port to HDMI adapter?

Would it make life a lot easier if I were to pickup a display port to HDMI adapter?
The adapter might help, but even that should not be necessary. Please have a look at the installation overview here:

Which step from this list are you on?

If kernel panic happens when booting directly from Mojave SSD, then try to boot from the USB Install Disk once again. At the Clover screen, choose “Boot macOS from Mojave”. If this succeeds, simply mount EFI partition of Mojave SSD, compress CLOVER folder and upload.

Best solution: display port (from the mb port)
That should work easily.

I have heard about people that used teamview to enter the computer externally and were able to continue...(OSx started up, even with bla k screen)
So, if you have hdmi or dvi, using teamview on other computer might be an option.
If not: use Display Port cable. And when everything works fine, you patch the hdmi settings to work

Last edited:
Ok, here is where I am at now.... I am getting this error now on install attempt. 388031
Here is my Clover file...
I have no earthly idea what is wrong now.

Attachments

• CLOVER_Croaker_feb17.zip
    3 MB · Views: 69
Ok, here is where I am at now.... I am getting this error now on install attempt. View attachment 388031
Here is my Clover file...
I have no earthly idea what is wrong now.
  • How did this happen from your earlier thread showing successful installation at #16 ?
  • Is the current uploaded CLOVER the same one used previously before loading screen shot of Apple >About This Mac> Overview showing macOS Mojave 10.14.3 with Intel HD 630 with 7MB?
    • It is unlikely, as the one you got fixed all prior problems and gave you a succseful installation
  • I guess you have to start with macOSMojave 10.14.3 UEFI USB installer containing the the Clover and BIOS Options that gave you the uploaded screen shot of Mojave10.14.3 Overview and do a fresh install on the hard disk.
  • Once you get your new Mojave 10,14,.3 with a 7MB Intel HD Graphics 630, DO NOT run Multibeast to that EFI to create CLOVER and Kexts.
  • Copy and paste the EFI from the USB installer that got you the successful HDD install:
    • open the EFI partitions mounted on the Desktop using CCG or EFI Mounter V3 and
    • copy the EFI Folder from USB's EFI Partition
    • Temporarily paste it on Desktop
    • Open HDD's EFI partition and delete the current EFI folder you might see there.
    • Copy the EFI Folder from USB you had pasted on Desktop
    • Paste it on the blank EFI partition of Mojave System Disk
  • Then make a Disk cloning of that Mojave System disk on to another blank disk of equal size as an insurance against mishaps again.
  • Next return to Forum to find the fix for Intel HD 630 Fix on the current disk in the PC.

Ok, I am back at the initial install complete and running. I think my USB stick was corrupted. Going to copy and backup everything then take a shot at the HD 630 fix. I will update as I go. Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back