Contribute
Register

Error- requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block...SIGH...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97MX-GAMING5
CPU
Core i5 4690K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alright, so here is the deal. First time poster. But long time lurker and searcher. I have searched for solutions to this error, but nothing so far has worked. System specs are below

Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
i5 4690K
Onboard Intel Graphics (for now, a GTX960 is on order)
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2133 (no issues in OS X Yosemite w/Chimera)
500GB Crucial MX200 (w/Yosemite and Chimera working)
60GB Crucial SSD (want to install test El Capitan/Clover before wiping the working Yosemite/Chimera SSD)

I built the system and got it working thanks to the dedicated people on this forum. I used OS X Yosemite and Chimera (before El Capitan was released). Everything works on the Chimera install, except the iMessages. When I tested Clover on a USB drive, iMessages worked. So I figured I'd wait until El Capitan to switch to Clover (not knowing that Chimera was going to be replaced by Clover). I was excited to see Clover replace Chimera. However, that excitement is gone now!

Followed the install guide to a T and I'm using the 2.0 USB port. BIOS settings are all the recommended (and ones I used to install Yosemite/Chimera). However, upon booting and attempting installation on the 60GB Crucial SSD (I disconnect the working Yosemite/Chimera SSD while attempting my test install of El Capitan), I get the following error screen:
IMG_7128.jpg

I have looked through the long list of solutions to problems, and nothing seems to work. Ended up creating a new USB key with Multibeast (current version) and still not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Alright, so here is the deal. First time poster. But long time lurker and searcher. I have searched for solutions to this error, but nothing so far has worked. System specs are below

Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
i5 4690K
Onboard Intel Graphics (for now, a GTX960 is on order)
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2133 (no issues in OS X Yosemite w/Chimera)
500GB Crucial MX200 (w/Yosemite and Chimera working)
60GB Crucial SSD (want to install test El Capitan/Clover before wiping the working Yosemite/Chimera SSD)

I built the system and got it working thanks to the dedicated people on this forum. I used OS X Yosemite and Chimera (before El Capitan was released). Everything works on the Chimera install, except the iMessages. When I tested Clover on a USB drive, iMessages worked. So I figured I'd wait until El Capitan to switch to Clover (not knowing that Chimera was going to be replaced by Clover). I was excited to see Clover replace Chimera. However, that excitement is gone now!

Followed the install guide to a T and I'm using the 2.0 USB port. BIOS settings are all the recommended (and ones I used to install Yosemite/Chimera). However, upon booting and attempting installation on the 60GB Crucial SSD (I disconnect the working Yosemite/Chimera SSD while attempting my test install of El Capitan), I get the following error screen:
View attachment 163170

I have looked through the long list of solutions to problems, and nothing seems to work. Ended up creating a new USB key with Multibeast (current version) and still not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

i had this issue and had to reflash my bios to the latest version and then reload optimized BIOS settings and then go back through and disable XHCI handoff, CFGlock and vt-D.

what boot flags are you using? have you tried getting into it with safemode (-x)

also I may be able to get you a config.plist for you to add to your USB stick and see if that may get you to the install screen - but i won't be able to get it to you until the morning. :yawn:

ammulder, yes, I am using the latest version of Multibeast. After my first attempt, when the guide was published for Clover, it didn't work. So I figured I'd wait it out a few weeks and try the new version. Unfortunately that didn't solve the issue.

*Should note, my OS X installers are downloaded from App Store on a rMBP late 2013 (10.11.1), and USBs are created using this system.

shakakoa, I have tried various bootflags and can't seem to get it going. I am running BIOS version 5, there is a 6th version.

QUESTION: If I update the bios to v6, will it "break" my existing, working, Yosemite install? I know the BIOS is separate from the SSD contents but it seems like these systems are very sensitive to slight changes in settings.

I won't be working on it this evening, I have a PC and a PowerMac G4 that need to be looked at!
Thank you all for the help thus far.

Still trying to get this issue resolved, anyone else know how to fix it? Driving me nuts!

From /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and install OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

I would like to thank everyone for the help. I decided to recreate a USB Installer on a different USB. I thought I may have been using a USB 2.0 drive but now that I look at it, it appears to have been a 3.0, I used a 2.0 this time in a 2.0 USB port. I also chose to inject Intel 3000 graphics despite having the GTX 960 installed. The suggestion BreBo provided is one I followed the first few times around, and upon creating the new USB Installer, I noticed that the file was already switched to the Fix2Drv. As for BIOS settings, I used the recommend settings and XMP Profile 2.

The only issue I had once I got to boot from the installer was when the Apple logo showed up and the progress bar would advance all the way to the right and then reset back to the Clover screen. I used the bootflag nv_disable=1 and everything went smooth after that.

I now have a fully functional OS X El Capitan with Clover!

I have a motherboard GA-H81M-H
I had one memory installed on my board and got the following errors: Error- requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block.
I solved this installing two memories on my motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back