GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
I havnt been able to find a solution yet, I'm running an Intel i7 3770k Ivybridge 1155 on a Z77 X UD5H Mobo and my video card is an EVGA GTX 560 ti. Been able to boot up 10.8.2 without the graphics card installed but as soon as I install it, its no good. Quicktime also does not work.

Audio is good as well as any other function that I've tested, not running on a network as this is a work station and I don't want to risk infecting it with viruses at this point. I just need to be able to run the Adobe suite and play videos on it right now.

I'm a n00b so please bear with me as I'm not sure exactly what to do with kext and kernals. Thanks!

alright so graphicsenabler = no fixed the ERROR but now Im getting a black screen on boot up. Any ideas what kernals to put into the chameleon file? Also im getting and unknown error (-101) when I try to load up a video in quicktime. I hear this can be fixed by fixing audio? My sound seems to be working though so I'm clueless. Thanks!

First thing I would do is load the graphics updates from Nvidia. These are supposed to fully enable the 560ti (among others) under 10.8.2.
Read about these updates here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/257-nvidia-releases-mountain-lion-10-8-2-graphics-drivers.html
If not using the macpro3,1 system definition in smbios.plist then change your system def. to that using multibeast before trying to load the new drivers. Also make sure before restart that graphicsenabler=No in the chimera boot plist.
Check your bios to make sure that the discrete graphics card is set as the primary card.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice Minihack...

So I think I had already updated the driver and changed the settings as you said. But i'm unsure how to set the primary driver to discrete graphics card....

Is there a way of uninstalling the NVidia driver and restarting the process?

Still freezing at the apple, then video shuts down.

Okay so I messed some things up and did a clean reinstall.

When using the onboard graphics, I can now see video, but cannot hear sound.
Also getting a white sleep screen instead of monitor shutdown that was happening before I did the reinstall.

So I plugged in the graphic card, changed the default graphics card to PCI which i read somewhere was my 560 ti graphics card. Now i cant boot, I just get tons of lines of script.

At the top it says couldnt alloc class "AppleHDACOntroller"
Cant load kext com.apple.geforce - failed to resolve library dependencies
kext come.cpple.geforce failed to oad 0xdc00800e

couldt allocate class "NVKernel"

some more stuff that I dont see the point in typing out.....
panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffff...): Kernel trap at 0xffff...., type 14=page fault

a ton more code Debugger called: <panic>
Backrace (CPU 1), Frame : Return address....

At the very end it says

Mac OS Version:
Not yet set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernal 12.2.0.....

System model name MacPro 3,1

I wish I could screen cap this one....

Hi folks,

I'm a noob and having the same problem as wildgrem. In a nutshell, I can install and run 10.8.2 fine without the graphics card, but once I put the 560Ti back in, I get the black screen immediately after it starts to boot and I can't get around it (won't boot in -x, -F). Below are my details and what I've tried. There is a ton of information out there and while I felt comfortable making some minor changes myself, I thought I'd ask for some help before making more significant changes that might mess things up worse.

Here are my details:
Motherboard: Z77x-UD5H
Processor: i7-3770
Graphics: EVGA GTX560Ti
Bios: f14
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR3
OS: 10.8.2 installed with most recent Multibeast (used both the OpenCL and the NVIDIA driver options)

plist:
EthernetBuiltIn=Yes
GenerateCStates=Yes
GeneratePStates=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Kernel, mach_kernel
Kernel flags, npci=0x3000 darkwake=0
Legacy Logo=Yes
Timeout=2
UseKernelCache=Yes

What I've tried:
Just to be clear, if I remove the graphics card, everything works fine. When I include the graphics card, I can't get past boot, so to make any changes beyond simple commands just before boot, I have to removed the card, make changes (eg, plist, etc), then replace card and test.

- I downloaded the most recent NVIDIA driver (304.00.05f02) with graphics card removed, installed driver, replaced 560Ti, got black screen immediately after starting boot.

At boot screen, I've tried:
- -x, -F, -v all result in black screen (although -v gives code first, which I can try to take a picture of and attach if helpful)
- GraphicsEnabler=No, black screen
- PCIRootUID=0, black screen
- PCIRootUID=1, black screen

I've read in other threads here that some additional possibilities might be to remove specific kexts or add device number and manufacturer ID to kext (not sure how to do either of those...), use Chameleon boot loader, remove certain NVIDIA drivers, include more kernel flags, etc.

At this point, I'm just not sure what to try next, so any help would be greatly, *greatly* appreciated!

Thanks!

I don't know if this will help.....but I'll throw it in anyway.

Some enablers seem to be incompatible with others and it may be that you will have best luck with a clean install and then, once at 10.8.2 installing the new Nvidia drivers.

Bear in mind that while a multibeast option/ an option for a driver directly from Nvidia / or another fix recommended by someone with the same card as you, might each work in isolation the combination of one or more might leave the system in an unuseable state which it can be hard to track down and correct.

I had an issue with my new 660 card, where - even though I knew I was installing the recommended drivers - I still would be faced with a white screen at boot. This was was adding the card as an upgrade to a system that over the months had had various different graphics enablers via multibeast etc. applied.

However, when I created a new partition and did a clean install, adding the new drivers went without a hitch.....it was a very frustrating few hours before I got to that point. But eventually I arrived at a stable system that worked with the new card.

I hope you don't have to do a reinstall, but sometimes it actually can be quickest. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I think you're probably right given the fact that at this point at least three drivers have been added. I've seen on other threads where people went in and removed old drivers, but given that I have no idea which one is causing the problem, that's probably a waste of time in my case.

Just to make sure I'm thinking of it correctly, does this workflow sound reasonable?
1. remove graphics card (since can't get past boot with it in)
2. install 10.8.2 via unibeast (my version of ML downloaded from app store takes me straight to 10.8.2)
3. run Multibeast, but *don't* install any of the graphics drivers
4. download/install most recent driver from NVIDIA
5. install graphics card
6. pray...

Thanks again!

Yes, that sounds a good plan.

Also a good idea is to download a small utility called pacifist. This lets you see what is going to be installed by a package and where. Main thing then is you can make a backup of all the things that your installer is going to replace (before it does it) so that if things do not work out for you you can always then re-install what was originally there......

For my current card I can confirm that the (eventually) successful strategy was I did NOT install any of the Nvidia drivers from Multibeast and then just did the new Nvidia sourced drivers from the Nvidia site. That might work for you and is possibly the best starting point. If you then need to add a separate OpenCL enabler (or whatever) you can look at that once the basic drivers are working. All I can say is work slowly, keep backups, and read up about other peoples latest experiences with your card on 10.8.2 before you rush in with installing anything.

Good luck.

Thanks again for the advice and information. I've decided in addition to re-installing, I'm going to change my graphics card from the 560Ti to the 660Ti. It seems like there have just been far more success stories with it and I don't have the time or expertise to continue to troubleshoot the 560. I'll let you know what happens.

For reference 660Ti build: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti-15.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back