Contribute
Register

Error Loading Kernel Cache? I am just about ready to give up on this whole project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:
I did what whiteshiel said (removed fix2driv and installed fixdriv) and this time received the error
OsxAptipFixFrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block...
and then,
Error allocating 0x12092....Couldn't allocate runtime area.
Mine already has this. What should I do?

Worked perfectly for me. The driver was absent so I loaded over an USB installer the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi Now the installer loads perfectly fine.. =) without kernel cache problems.

Remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from EFI/EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI and install OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to resolve the issue.

The OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi driver can be installed through Clover Configurator or Clover Installer.

This fixed it for me

UPDATE:
I did what whiteshiel said (removed fix2driv and installed fixdriv) and this time received the error
OsxAptipFixFrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block...
and then,
I had the same issue. I bypassed it by using osxlowmemfixdrv-64.efi instead of osxaptiofix2drv-64.efi now stuck at some ++++++++++++ _
I can't see it moving or anything //
Seems like I can't Google it since there is no error showing. Only freezed screen.
Almost ready to give up.

Same problem.

I tried
Change the file but still not working. Pls help

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 868
Same problem.

I tried
Change the file but still not working. Pls help

mount EFI drive.
navigate to EFI/EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/
there u need either OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi or OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
means kept only one of these and remove the rest.
(in my case i need OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi so i removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi)

Hi guys,

Recently I did the update to 10.12.4 and, after also update the clover to support new kernel (because was freezing on boot) the boot sometimes stop and show "kernel cache error 0x7". I tried change OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but no success. Is anyone here have some idea to solve this issue? I'm almost giving up... :(

Regards!

---

DELL Latitude E5250 12.5"
Intel Core I7 5600U
16GB RAM DDR 3
Wifi DW1560
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

UPDATE:
and then,

When I swapped I got same error. Anybody else find solution?

edit

So not sure if this will hope but I simply moved my boot USB key to on board USB port from case port and it stopped error'ing out on the boot.

Last edited:
I am frustrated beyond all belief! I see all these posts of people having the EXACT board and processor as me and I have all kinds of issues.

Now I got past the first part of Yosemite install only to be met with "Error Loading Kernel Cache" to get to the part where it creates recovery drive and what not.

Please do NOT tell me to use disk utility because I cannot even get to that now. I used gparted and reformatted the drive to hfs+ and went to start over and now I STILL get this error.

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out why this is so hard for me when other with my exact setup have had ZERO issues.

So not sure if this will hope but I simply moved my boot USB key to on board USB port from case port and it stopped error'ing out on the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back