Contribute
Register

Error Loading Kernel Cache? I am just about ready to give up on this whole project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had this issue and was already using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi as default.

So what I did to fix it was, on another Mac:

run the command
Code:
Df -h
to find the volume name (ie Macintosh HD 1 in my case).

Then, to rebuild the kernel cache:

Code:
sudo touch /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD\ 1/System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD\ 1

However in my case that command produced errors, so I deleted the cache using this command:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD\ 1/System/Library/prelinkedkernel

And then re-ran the "sudo touch ..." command, and I was able to boot successfully.

Hi Men,

change boot function -v npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disabled=1 GraphicsEnable=No.
my computer HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF boot pass away.
cheers.
Hi,

How fo I do this?

@TimelordSR, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

SOLVED!

I also had this issue.
FYI: This happens when your system's got corrupted prelinkedkernel file.

This is how you fix it:

1. I booted to the installer terminal, then there are two commands.

Code:
rm -rf /Volumes/CorruptMacDrive/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

then

Code:
touch /Volumes/CorruptMacDrive/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -u /Volumes/CorruptMacDrive/

Remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from EFI/EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI and install OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to resolve the issue.

The OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi driver can be installed through Clover Configurator or Clover Installer.
where can I fine the EFI/EFI/Clover /drivers64UEFI? and where can I install?

@skygodkingdom, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Download Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Check the Install drivers section and delete/add driver(s).

After updating to Clover version 4586 (and doing no other system changes) I also ran into this dreaded "Error Loading Kernel Cache".

After many boot attempts I then removed the disk from system and attached it via USB to my MacBook.
I then tried downgrading clover to 4533 (my previous version) - no luck.
I also tried removing the kext cache as suggested by Nightsd - no luck.
Finally what worked for me was using the Clover 4586 installer to add the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to my EFI partition.

Thanks to all in this forum for great suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back