Contribute
Register

Error Loading Kernel Cache? I am just about ready to give up on this whole project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Gaming 5 (Clover)
CPU
Intel i5 4690k 3.5ghz
Graphics
Evga GTX970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am frustrated beyond all belief! I see all these posts of people having the EXACT board and processor as me and I have all kinds of issues.

Now I got past the first part of Yosemite install only to be met with "Error Loading Kernel Cache" to get to the part where it creates recovery drive and what not.

Please do NOT tell me to use disk utility because I cannot even get to that now. I used gparted and reformatted the drive to hfs+ and went to start over and now I STILL get this error.

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out why this is so hard for me when other with my exact setup have had ZERO issues.

Now I got past the first part of Yosemite install only to be met with "Error Loading Kernel Cache" to get to the part where it creates recovery drive and what not.

Boot without caches.

Boot without caches.

I have tried that using UseKernelCache=No and it STILL gives the same error.

What other way can I do it? Like I said I reformatted that drive so no I have to start the first step of Yosemite install over again

As soon as I use spacebar and tell Clover to boot without caches it goes right to

Error Loading Kernel Cache (0xe)

This is pure insanity at this point because I got through the first part of Yosemite install without this issue before....

I have tried that using UseKernelCache=No and it STILL gives the same error.

What other way can I do it? Like I said I reformatted that drive so no I have to start the first step of Yosemite install over again

You are using clover right??

On the boot loader screen before pressing enter press spacebar and select boot without caches.

You are using clover right??

On the boot loader screen before pressing enter press spacebar and select boot without caches.

I did that and it goes right to the error loading kernel cache error...it does not even try to load anything.

Post a photo of the entire screen.

It's not a kernel panic it just goes through the loading the boot.efi then says failed to load kernel cache...

Why would this happen now after I just got it going through the initial Yosemite install?

It's not a kernel panic it just goes through the loading the boot.efi then says failed to load kernel cache...

Why would this happen now after I just got it going through the initial Yosemite install?

Post photo of the screen.

Here is the photo....I get this EVERY time no matter what I do. Yes I even tried no caches.

20150403_192157.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back