Contribute
Register

ERROR - Downloading installer information to the target volume failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z370 Plus Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
EDIT: It was my modem! restarted and it works! sorry for all that folks!

Hi. Is my first build, and so far I'm ok, but i got stuck at this point.

Im using i7 8700k, ASUS TUF z370 PLUS GAMING, 960pro nmve, gpu gt1060 single fan.

for the softwares I'm using the unibeast 8.3.1.

I did as described on the installation guide, but on the macOS utilities the options install is "reinstall macOS".
When i click it get stuck for about 10 seconds and than comes the message on the title.

I did the clock thing (ntpdate -u time.apple.com) and it worked for the Server could not be contacted message, but than started to show this one.

A friend of mine with the same configuration (except the nmve drive) did all that with the 8.2 unibeast and typed some codes on terminal just after the unibeast was finished and before copy the multibeast to the USB.
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia
rm -rf /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext

Im totally lost, Don't know what to do. I was just following this site. Please, advise.

thank you very much.

Last edited:
at the installer log i notice that its trying to convert the NMVE to APFS and is not succeding. it says that the drive is not formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), but it show that it is (its written). Is that ok or this is something that i should worry about it?

Im sending the installer log that came out. above the "package authoring error", it shows the line about apfs to os extended.
"target is not convertible to apfs: this volume is not formatted as mac os extended".

but if i go to disk utility, it say it is.

Attachments

• photo5075926869244749802.jpg
    photo5075926869244749802.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
After some trying and error I started to think that's an issue with the mac os installer that i have. Any suggestions?
did you manage to fix it?
I still have that problem and I don't know why it comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back