Graphics
GeForce 750Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Are you guys having "There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't modify plist"?
Trying to make installation USB on a MacBook Air with Mojave. Using the latest UniBeast 9.0.
Other threads do not seem to have a definitive answer... or I may be missing the ace in the hole...
Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 17.56.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 17.56.19.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 113
Are you guys having "There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't modify plist"?
Trying to make installation USB on a MacBook Air with Mojave. Using the latest UniBeast 9.0.
Other threads do not seem to have a definitive answer... or I may be missing the ace in the hole...
Let me know what you guys think.

Hi.

Use a 16GB USB memory-stick. 32GB is okay too, but no bigger. (Just a thought:))

Hi.

Use a 16GB USB memory-stick. 32GB is okay too, but no bigger. (Just a thought:))

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.
I was using 32GB stick. Is this still too big?
Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.
I was using 32GB stick. Is this still too big?
Thanks.

No, I think that's fine.

Hmm...

A couple more things to check -

1) That your memory stick is formatted correctly. I'm guessing it probably is, but there must be something causing the problem. Use the Terminal version of DiskUtil to take a look at the partitions. I believe you should have a 200MB hidden partition for the EFI placement and the rest available to the installer.

2) Try a different memory-stick. Occasionally certain types can give errors.

Keep trying! :thumbup:

No, I think that's fine.

Hmm...

1) That your memory stick is formatted correctly. I'm guessing it probably is, but there must be something causing the problem. Use the Terminal version of DiskUtil to take a look at the partitions. I believe you should have a 200MB hidden partition for the EFI placement and the rest available to the installer.

Hi. I am trying all the way.

a) I went and bought my first USB stick (16Gb) ever. Usually, I end up getting it free so this is the moment of balancing my luck.
b) I try to make the mojave bootable drive with my brand new 16GB USB stick but still the same "There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't modify plist".
c) As your guidance, I did a DiskUtil and found the following (looking at the USB stick after error):
/dev/disk3 (external, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *15.7 GB disk3
1: Apple_HFS Install macOS Mojave 15.7 GB disk3s1

As you noted, the EFI partition does not exist!!!

I am Erasing and formating the USB stick on a Mojave Macbook Air as attached SS.
What am I doing wrong??? In MacOS Sierra, I thought there where more options on Erasing/formatiing external drives...
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 12.40.15.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 12.40.15.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 143
No, I think that's fine.

Hmm...

Holly crap! I fixed it.

My bad... I did not know Mojave hides the GUID partition option... Why the heck is it hidden? Anyways, on to installation!!!

Thank you for your help. You rock man.

Holly crap! I fixed it.

My bad... I did not know Mojave hides the GUID partition option... Why the heck is it hidden? Anyways, on to installation!!!

Thank you for your help. You rock man.

I got the same problem, and I didn't get it solved. I use two different pen drives, and I got the same error!
Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back