Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am on a Snow Leopard hack. I have bought Mountain Lion 10.8.1 from the Mac App store and want to copy it a USB key for safeguard

I did a right click on the "install OSX mountain lion" in Applications and then tried to "Paste Item" on the USB key but I get the following message : "Operation can't be completed because an unexpected error happened (error code 0)"

It's a 16Gb key with more than 13 Gb available (this is the same key I used to install SL using iboot and multibeast so there is no issue about port or key compatibility)

I tried to do a copy to my desktop and this works fine though.

Any idea why copying to USB generates this message?

I am on a Snow Leopard hack. I have bought Mountain Lion 10.8.1 from the Mac App store and want to copy it a USB key for safeguard

I did a right click on the "install OSX mountain lion" in Applications and then tried to "Paste Item" on the USB key but I get the following message : "Operation can't be completed because an unexpected error happened (error code 0)"

It's a 16Gb key with more than 13 Gb available (this is the same key I used to install SL using iboot and multibeast so there is no issue about port or key compatibility)

I tried to do a copy to my desktop and this works fine though.

Any idea why copying to USB generates this message?

You need to compress it which will put it in a .zip file and then copy that over.

if the usb key is formatted to DOS you will have a file size limit. That may be what's causing your error.

You will get (error code 0) when you transfer files bigger than 4gb to a fat32 formatted drive.

Spot on... Thanks for your solutions. The error is indeed due to file size of the ML file being greater than that accepted by a fat-32 partition . Reformatted the usb drive using mac os extended - journal and the copy proceeds happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back