Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get the following error every time I upgrade to a new Catalina version! The system installs, but this message appears at the end of every installation. Any reason why?

During installation, Clover always selects the main HD portion to boot from. I need to manually choose the install partition in order to complete the update. Could this be the reason I get the error message?

P1043536.jpg

I think its a common problem in Catalina, no idea why it happens, I see it with every Catalina update. I assume you know the fix to get rid of the "install MacOS" icon in Clover is to delete "masos install data" that should be under /System/Volumes/Data.

I get the following error every time I upgrade to a new Catalina version! The system installs, but this message appears at the end of every installation. Any reason why?

During installation, Clover always selects the main HD portion to boot from. I need to manually choose the install partition in order to complete the update. Could this be the reason I get the error message?

View attachment 484053

The error is very straightforward. The installer received an error when it tried to run the blessed command. This command tells the motherboard what the boot target is. You get this error with Clover because Clover doesn't support this command. You don't get this error with Open Core because the bless command is supported. I think it is more nuanced in that if you have a motherboard with working native NVRAM the blessed command may work and so you don't get this error.

To even install and run Open Core I had to do a dump of my bios and manually search for the hex code of th setting for enabling NVRAM, so living with this error by manually selecting the correct boot target and deleting the file is reasonable. It's not fatal, damaging, or even unexpected.

This happened to me with Clover. It stopped when switching Opencore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back