Graphics
Geforce 630
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm planning to start afresh and would really like to get a native DSDT solution running. The biggest issue I'm having at the moment is 4080 errors (Invalid object for reserved type, Found Buffer Requires Package). The lines all have the following on them: "Name (_PLD, Buffer (0x10)"

How can I fix these?

I'm planning to start afresh and would really like to get a native DSDT solution running. The biggest issue I'm having at the moment is 4080 errors (Invalid object for reserved type, Found Buffer Requires Package). The lines all have the following on them: "Name (_PLD, Buffer (0x10)"

How can I fix these?

This patch will fix them:
Code:
# rehabman:
# _PLD is supposed to return a variable length Package of Buffers

into_all all code_regex (Name\s*\(_PLD,\s*)Buffer(\s\(0x10\)[^\)]*) replaceall_matched
begin
%1Package() { Buffer%2}
end;

That worked, thanks a lot!

RehabMan -

Sorry about the novice question, but you've suggested code to repair the 4080 error when compiling a DSDT. I am not sure where or how to insert the code and if the entire string of the following is required or just a portion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

# rehabman:

into_all all code_regex (Name\s*\(_PLD,\s*)Buffer(\s\(0x10\)[^\)]*) replaceall_matched
begin
%1Package() { Buffer%2}
end;

RehabMan -

Sorry about the novice question, but you've suggested code to repair the 4080 error when compiling a DSDT. I am not sure where or how to insert the code and if the entire string of the following is required or just a portion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

# rehabman:

begin
%1Package() { Buffer%2}
end;

It is a MaciASL patch. Use the Patch button, then paste the text into the resulting Window.

It is a MaciASL patch. Use the Patch button, then paste the text into the resulting Window.

Hi, Rehabman,

I have faced like same error, but in my case it says -
Invalid object type for reserved name (_PLD: found integer at index 0, Buffer required).
Invalid object type for reserved name (_PLD: found integer at index 1, Buffer required).
Invalid object type for reserved name (_PLD: found integer at index 15, Buffer required).

Got 96 same error !!!
Have you any patch for this?
Please give a solution of this.

Thank you

Hi, Rehabman,

Invalid object type for reserved name (_PLD: found integer at index 0, Buffer required).
Invalid object type for reserved name (_PLD: found integer at index 1, Buffer required).
Invalid object type for reserved name (_PLD: found integer at index 15, Buffer required).

Got 96 same error !!!
Have you any patch for this?
Please give a solution of this.

Thank you

Apply "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error" from https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch.

Ok, got it. Now everything fine.

Thank you
Palash

Hi, Rehabman,

I have similar errors, but I can not apply the proposed patch, since it does not find changes, so the apply button is not active
Here is an example of my error code
Name (_PLD, Package (0x10) // _PLD: Physical Location of Device
{
0x81,
Zero,
Zero,
Zero,
Zero,
Zero,
Zero,
Zero,
0x30,