Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try removing the AppleALC.kext completely to see if that is indeed causing the issue?

Remember AppleALC.kext needs to be installed simultaneously with the latest Lilu.kext using kext installer to L/E in order to function properly.

You have a lot of unnecessary kexts in your Clover/Kexts folder. Only Clover/Kexts/Other folder should exist - all other folders - 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, etc - should be deleted. Once you install all kexts to Library/Extensions using kext installer, only essential kexts (FakeSMC/VirtualSMC, Lilu, Whatevergreen, usbinjectall, etc) should be kept in Clover/kexts/other and in config.plist "System Parameters" - "Inject Kexts" should be set to "Detect".

Also most users report having more success using VirtualSMC in Catalina instead of FakeSMC.

Hi and thanks for your help.
First of all I removed AppleAlc from the kext folder and the restart problem is not there.
So I did as you said, in the meantime I tried to delete all the extra folders and then to install lilu.kext and applealc together, with Hackingtool, but it hasn't changed I always have the kernel panic after the stop. I also tried to remove fakesmc and install Virtualsmc but I have the same problem.

better performance than most of the PCs. Still in tiny box. Impressive.

Hi and thanks for your help.
First of all I removed AppleAlc from the kext folder and the restart problem is not there.
So I did as you said, in the meantime I tried to delete all the extra folders and then to install lilu.kext and applealc together, with Hackingtool, but it hasn't changed I always have the kernel panic after the stop. I also tried to remove fakesmc and install Virtualsmc but I have the same problem.
Now that I am using iMacPro 1,1 things are great. I have attached my working EFI for you to try. You will of course need your own serial number stuff.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.5 MB · Views: 263
Now that I am using iMacPro 1,1 things are great. I have attached my working EFI for you to try. You will of course need your own serial number stuff.
Thanks, you were very kind. But, unfortunately, your EFI did not solve my problem. I purchased a USB audio bundle, and I solved the problem :-D

OK, I'm needing a little help after upgrading to Catalina. The first issue is that when the computer goes to sleep, the LED backlights on my Philips Brilliance 272P display do not shut off. Second, the fonts look really bad - I've tried enabling/disabling aliasing, and changing the smoothing using the terminal command, but they do not work. Really frustrating. I did not have this experience with El Capitan (skipped Mojave because of the font issue). Any ideas how to work around these two issues? TIA.

I have display sleep fixed. Turned out I just had to unplug the display for 5 seconds then turn it back on. Now it seems to be working just fine. Sill can't get the font issue resolved. Really annoying.

I have display sleep fixed. Turned out I just had to unplug the display for 5 seconds then turn it back on. Now it seems to be working just fine. Sill can't get the font issue resolved. Really annoying.

Have you posted a picture of what it means when the fonts "look really bad"?

Have you posted the commands you've tried?

Have you confirmed you're running the latest KEXTs? (Kext Updater, update it to the latest, then update all your kexts to the latest, copy them in place from where they downloaded to into the kexts folder...)

Just a few ideas...

Here is a map that identifies the names associated with the USB ports on ASROCK Z370M-itx/ac (for SMBIOS iMac 14,2, also 19,1)
asrock_panel.png

• A - HS04
  • B - HS03
  • C - HS12, SS08
  • D - HS11, SS07
  • E - HS08, SS04
  • F - HS07, SS03
  • G - HS06, SS06
  • H - HS05, SS05
  • I - HS09, SS01
  • J - HS10, SS02
  • K - HS13

Can others with same board please comment on the accuracy?

Last edited:
Hello, I have this same motherboard & config. I am unable to set my resolution to use 2560x1440 HiDPI. For my 4K monitor, I can only select between 1920x1080 and 4K -- nothing in between.

Does anyone have Big Sur working with this board? I'm struggling to get Ethernet and WiFi/Bluetooth on the PCIe active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back