Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly, my computer won't sleep. If I walk away it stays on. If I choose Apple > Sleep, the screen goes dark for about 5 seconds then comes back on. Repaired the boot volume and have restarted but neither fixes the problem. Any ideas?

Suddenly, my computer won't sleep. If I walk away it stays on. If I choose Apple > Sleep, the screen goes dark for about 5 seconds then comes back on. Repaired the boot volume and have restarted but neither fixes the problem. Any ideas?
Which darkwake are you using? I'm using darkwake=8 and it works fine

Thanks much. Just tried that and now it sleeps if I move the cursor to the hot screen, but if I walk away the screen saver comes on but the display does not sleep.

Thanks much. Just tried that and now it sleeps if I move the cursor to the hot screen, but if I walk away the screen saver comes on but the display does not sleep.
How long do you have to be idle for before your screen saver starts, and when does the display turn off?
Have you tried unticking "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off"?

I have the screen saver set to start after 5 min but the display does not turn off (should at 15 min).

I'll have to check that last item when I return from traveling. Thanks much for your suggestions.

Hi, friend. I'm problem whit this configuration and Catalina 10.5.2, after sleep restart and go in kernel panic. I read around that it depends on the AppleALC audio kext. Do any of you have the same problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Try the most recent AppleALC dev build 1.4.5.
I try to update with this kext, but from the same problem, as soon as it wakes up from the stop it restarts and goes into the kernel panik, I attach my efi I hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 212
Did you try removing the AppleALC.kext completely to see if that is indeed causing the issue?

Remember AppleALC.kext needs to be installed simultaneously with the latest Lilu.kext using kext installer to L/E in order to function properly.

You have a lot of unnecessary kexts in your Clover/Kexts folder. Only Clover/Kexts/Other folder should exist - all other folders - 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, etc - should be deleted. Once you install all kexts to Library/Extensions using kext installer, only essential kexts (FakeSMC/VirtualSMC, Lilu, Whatevergreen, usbinjectall, etc) should be kept in Clover/kexts/other and in config.plist "System Parameters" - "Inject Kexts" should be set to "Detect".

Also most users report having more success using VirtualSMC in Catalina instead of FakeSMC.

Hi and thanks for your help.
First of all I removed AppleAlc from the kext folder and the restart problem is not there.
So I did as you said, in the meantime I tried to delete all the extra folders and then to install lilu.kext and applealc together, with Hackingtool, but it hasn't changed I always have the kernel panic after the stop. I also tried to remove fakesmc and install Virtualsmc but I have the same problem.

better performance than most of the PCs. Still in tiny box. Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back