Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry hadn't been getting much traction on this thread up until about this week so had somewhat given up on forum responses.
Setup is pretty much exact same as Eriks
ASRock Z370m-itx
i5 8400
UHD 630 integrated graphics
swapped over to Broadcom 2z chip for WiFi/BT

However, I was able to get everything but the integrated graphics working up until last night. On the other major forum another user posted he was able to get my almost exact same setup working with a users clover folder from here. Grabbed that this morning and dropped the clover folder in and bam everything is working now. Looks like my biggest mistake was that when I was attempting to do the framebuffer patching I was only adding the minimum stuff in for the ig-platform-id and device id (meaning the framebuffer patch enable stuff) and the one I am now using has all the pipe information and everything for both the ig-platform as well as the device-id.
Do you mind attaching that EFI folder? I don't know how well I configured my graphics :p

Do you mind attaching that EFI folder? I don't know how well I configured my graphics :p
Yup will do tonight when I am home from work. It is setup for an H370 Gigabyte board but aside from having to go through and re-enable all my other USB ports and do the cleanup with hackintool everything else works perfectly from what I have seen.

@AppleiPad556 here is the link. I found it while looking at my thread on the other forum.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-h370m-ds3h-i5-8400-mojave-10-4-2.267428/

I literally just took his entire clover folder and replaced mine. Everything is working for me, bluetooth, wifi, ethernet, even has sound with notes as to what color each input is! Only thing that did not work straight out was all of my other USB ports (mouse and keyboard were plugged in at that time). So I have to go through Hackintool to create the USBPorts.kext file to map all my USB ports.

Hello @AppleiPad556 i have your own hardware, I tried to use your clover folder but strangely the usb do not work, after copying your clover I just entered smbios 18.1.

Hello @AppleiPad556 i have your own hardware, I tried to use your clover folder but strangely the usb do not work, after copying your clover I just entered smbios 18.1.
I had the same problem when I downloaded the above linked clover folder. You will need to use Hackintool to clear out and reset your USB ports. I believe the clover folder already has USBInjectAll.kext in there so once you clear the ports with Hackintool you should have all discoverable (will need to restart after you clear the ports).

I had the same problem when I downloaded the above linked clover folder. You will need to use Hackintool to clear out and reset your USB ports. I believe the clover folder already has USBInjectAll.kext in there so once you clear the ports with Hackintool you should have all discoverable (will need to restart after you clear the ports).
As @mizznfizz pointed out, I didn't add any USB configuration files, as I am unsure whether it is universal with the same MB. You can configure it using the Hackintool (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v1-8-0.254559/), or by creating an SSDT file using RehabMan's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/)

Hello PPL, Many thanks to the author of the guide and all the users who are helping in it. I have a question that arises to me since I think to mount the same configuration except the wifi that is the BCM94350ZAE and a RX 580 pulse 8gb. watching the expectations of the pass on your page, do not reach the limit of 15, the 6 USB 3.0 back I think use, USB 2.0 back will use the keyboard and mouse and there is 1 header USB 3.0 internal would be for the case and would not use the last internal USB 2.0 header. Is it worth the work of the SSDT or do I leave them all active? Only with UsbInjectAll would it be worth it? and renaming the USB in the DSDT? this is the configuration that brings:

- 1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)

There are twelve, what I do not know if there is some other limit? Is there a limit of 8 too?

Thanks everyone, good hack

Hello PPL, Many thanks to the author of the guide and all the users who are helping in it. I have a question that arises to me since I think to mount the same configuration except the wifi that is the BCM94350ZAE and a RX 580 pulse 8gb. watching the expectations of the pass on your page, do not reach the limit of 15, the 6 USB 3.0 back I think use, USB 2.0 back will use the keyboard and mouse and there is 1 header USB 3.0 internal would be for the case and would not use the last internal USB 2.0 header. Is it worth the work of the SSDT or do I leave them all active? Only with UsbInjectAll would it be worth it? and renaming the USB in the DSDT? this is the configuration that brings:

- 1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)

There are twelve, what I do not know if there is some other limit? Is there a limit of 8 too?

Thanks everyone, good hack
Remember that one USB 3 actually counts for two USBs: USB 3 and USB 2.
Yes, do check out the SSDT guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/), or the Hackintool USB guide. It's not too bad, and once you finish you have flexibility as to which USBs to use
USBInjectAll does pose problems when used on its own, and it does not offer flexibility as to which USBs to use (you may not get the right USB ports)

could you tell me how to do it, I downloaded hackintool I went on the usb tab and I selected all the usb and deleted, then how do I go forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back